+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info on Immigration

Hasan

Aug 27, 2006
Hi

I am a UK citizen married to a Canadian citizen, we want to move to Canada were my wife is from, we both work in the UK and I have submitted skilled worker visa which I had a response to last week stating that it will take 45 months before the application is looked at. I just wanted to know what my options are, should i withdraw the application and ask my wife to sponsor me and our daughter?
45 months before the application is looked seems very long time, we were thinking of moving to Canada in 12-18 month period.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hasan said:
Hi

I am a UK citizen married to a Canadian citizen, we want to move to Canada were my wife is from, we both work in the UK and I have submitted skilled worker visa which I had a response to last week stating that it will take 45 months before the application is looked at. I just wanted to know what my options are, should i withdraw the application and ask my wife to sponsor me and our daughter?
45 months before the application is looked seems very long time, we were thinking of moving to Canada in 12-18 month period.
Withdraw, have wife sponsor you, processing would be in the neighbourhood of 3-9 months. Your wife would have to include a statement with her sponsorship to Mississauga that once you are issued a visa, she will accompany you to Canada. The statement must outline the plans for accommodation, work, schooling. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html

Was your wife a Canadian citizen at the time of your daughters birth? If so then the child is also a Canadian and you can apply for proof of citizenship and temporary Canadian passport, and she then is not included on the application.

PMM

Hasan

Aug 27, 2006
HI

Thanks for quick reply, yes my wife is canadian citizen at time of daughters birth so will ask her to apply for temp visa. I will withdraw application and ask wife to sponsor me.

Thanks again for the info.

Regards

Hasan