+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
It is very unlikely that the ban will be lifted. [It it were to be lifted, it would have happened for Aug 21st!]
Canada may enter 4th wave
India may enter 3rd wave.

It is going to be the same restrictions as of now, most probably. IMHO.

You need 24 hours minimum at Doha for RT PCR

As of now, Doha imposes quarantine for travel from India.

A cancelled ticket on debit card takes 45 days to refund.
A cancelled ticket on debit card takes 45 days to be converted to a voucher.
Credit cards are faster, may be 20 days.

You may consider indirect routes for September.
You can actually plan for a stopover in Zurich than in Dubai!
You have enough time to get visit visa for Zurich/Switzerland.
Switzerland allows fully vaccinated Indians without quarantine. You kid(s) can stay in transit.

Reactions: kingofpsg

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
You can actually plan for a stopover in Zurich than in Dubai!
You have enough time to get visit visa for Zurich/Switzerland.
Switzerland allows fully vaccinated Indians without quarantine. You kid(s) can stay in transit.
Thank you. Me and my wife are fully vaccinated. Do they allow kids as logically they are not vaccinated. Would you know?

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Also checking how about Etihad flights from Chennai to abudhabi to toronto...
I heard that there's pcr test centre in abudhabi airport. But the tickets seem to be pricy

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Thank you. Me and my wife are fully vaccinated. Do they allow kids as logically they are not vaccinated. Would you know?
https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/india/en/home/visa/einreise-ch.html

Vaccines
For fully vaccinated third-country nationals with CHE, EU and WHO recognized vaccines, the regular entry requirements will be applicable again from June 26, 2021. This also means that these travelers no longer have to be quarantined after arriving in Switzerland.

Entry restrictions continue to apply to foreign nationals who are not fully vaccinated with CHE, EU and WHO recognized vaccines and are without rights of free movement, entering from risk countries or regions and who do not belong to any of the exceptional categories of the Covid-19 Regulation 3. For additional information, please consult the webpage of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).

If you are not vaccinated and you qualify as a "hardship case" according to SEM regulation ff 1,5 dated 26.06.2021
Consult the SEM-Website and choose the following options ; Category: Entering Switzerland > Situation of special necessity > What constitutes a case of special necessity?

If your application falls into a so-called hardship case, please contact us directly at newdelhi.visa@eda.admin.ch

Information about children less than 18 years of age

Children below the age of 18 years do not need to be vaccinated.

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are special rules for people entering Switzerland i.e. regarding the vaccination. Kindly refer to the information of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).

To see what rules apply to your own particular situation when entering Switzerland, consult the online Travelcheck.

Reactions: kingofpsg

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Also checking how about Etihad flights from Chennai to abudhabi to toronto...
I heard that there's pcr test centre in abudhabi airport. But the tickets seem to be pricy
You may transit Abu Dhabi.
But availability of RT-PCR is not documented anywhere.

Did you check with Etihad Customer care?

vikier

Jul 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hey guys, here's my travel plan on 2nd sept-

India>Maldives (1 PNR), 2 day stay and test>Abu Dhabi>Amsterdam>Montreal (1 PNR)

Anyone see any issues?

Reactions: binnareyn

Tee27

Jan 26, 2021
Hi everyone, my case is a little different. I’m a Nigerian here in India, received my PPR and fully vaccinated in India. Can I go back to my country and travel to Canada from there? Will there be any issues because my passport stamping and approval was received in India. Anyone who is having valid information can share. Thank you.