+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
But will the airlines connect the luggage?

Which airline will allow a multi-city through ZRH? Do you know?
This is the issue I am facing, it's Emirates from del to Zurich via Dubai and then Air Canada via london toronto to Halifax.

I am planning to travel with hand baggage only and parcel my luggage. It is still in planning as I am also observing the moves from Air Canada and Canadian government. Just for information, Spain has started accepting visa application in India for tourism. Positive signs from many countries. Another information is Air Canada has cancelled the tickets is passanger scheduled to fly on 1st September (read it on different forum).

Reactions: Sayanti Dey

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Can anyone suggest a website where I can book fully refundable tickets. Someone mentioned Emirates but I only found partially refundable tickets.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
I have one more question, what if I travel to Nepal, get my rtpcr and then get a flight to Canada via delhi. As per rules, the rtpcr should be from 3rd country. They have not mentioned anything about transit from India. Correct me if I have missed anything mentioned on website.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
This is the issue I am facing, it's Emirates from del to Zurich via Dubai and then Air Canada via london toronto to Halifax.

I am planning to travel with hand baggage only and parcel my luggage. It is still in planning as I am also observing the moves from Air Canada and Canadian government. Just for information, Spain has started accepting visa application in India for tourism. Positive signs from many countries. Another information is Air Canada has cancelled the tickets is passanger scheduled to fly on 1st September (read it on different forum).
1. Emirates may be able to transfer your luggage to Air Canada/Swiss Air. Please call +919167003333
2. Swiss visa applications are open too.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
I have one more question, what if I travel to Nepal, get my rtpcr and then get a flight to Canada via delhi. As per rules, the rtpcr should be from 3rd country. They have not mentioned anything about transit from India. Correct me if I have missed anything mentioned on website.
Interesting route. But flights are pretty expensive. I just checked

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Can anyone suggest a website where I can book fully refundable tickets. Someone mentioned Emirates but I only found partially refundable tickets.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

*When you book an emirates ticket online, you can choose an Economy Flex ticket that can be refunded WITHOUT any fees.*

*Emirates Ticket Options*

https://www.emirates.com/in/english/help/covid-19/ticket-options/

Keep your ticket

You have two options if your travel plans have been affected by COVID‑19. You can keep your ticket and fly with us within 36 months from the date of your original booking. You can also request a refund. These options apply if you booked your ticket before 1 April 2021 for travel on or before 31 December 2021.
Tickets booked from 1 April 2021
All tickets issued from 1 April 2021 will be automatically valid for travel for 24 months.
Within that time, you have the flexibility to change the dates and ask for a refund at no extra charge. You can make the changes online through Manage A Booking or call your travel agent.
How to keep your ticket for the future
  • For tickets issued on or before 30 September 2020, with a travel date on/before 31 December 2021
You can keep the ticket you’ve already booked and use it later. We’ve extended its validity for 36 months from the date of your original booking. Your ticket will be accepted for any flight to the same destination or within the same region* in any booking class with no extra fees during this period.
  • For tickets issued on or after 1 October 2020 with a travel date on/before 31 December 2021
You can keep the ticket you’ve already booked and use it later. We’ve extended its validity for 36 months from the date of your original booking. Your ticket will be accepted for any flight to the same destination or within the same region* in the same booking class with no extra fees during this period.
How to change your booking
If you booked your flights directly with us your ticket ‘validity’ will be extended automatically, just call us with your dates when you’re ready to fly.
If you booked with a booking agent please contact them before your ticket expires to extend your ticket from 24 months to 36 months.
Can I change my destination?
  • If you booked your ticket on or after 1 April 2021
You can change it for another destination in the same region and in the same travel class for no extra charge. If the itinerary on your original ticket did not include Dubai, then you are only able to change your flight for a similar itinerary that does not include Dubai.
  • For tickets issued on or before 30 September 2020, with a travel date on/before 31 December 2021
The fare you paid will be accepted for any flight to the same destination or within the same region in any booking class. For example, if your original booking was for London, you can rebook it for Amsterdam for no extra charge. If the itinerary on your original ticket did not include Dubai, then you are only able to change your flight for a similar route itinerary that does not include Dubai.
  • For ticket issued on or after 1 October 2020, with a travel date on/before 31 December 2021
The fare you paid will be accepted for any flight to the same destination or within the same region in the same booking class. For example, if your original booking was for London in Economy Class, you can rebook it for Amsterdam in Economy Class in the same booking class for no extra charge. If the itinerary on your original ticket did not include Dubai, then you are only able to change your flight for a similar itinerary that does not include Dubai.
The Emirates regions are:
  • Africa
  • Australasia
  • Europe
  • the Far East
  • the Gulf, Middle East and Iran
  • Indian Ocean Islands
  • North America
  • South America
  • West Asia
Are there any change fees?
There are no change fees when you rebook within the validity of the ticket so you have more flexibility to plan ahead.
Can I request a full refund even if my flight hasn’t been cancelled?
Yes, you can request a refund if your flight hasn’t been cancelled. A change fee and/or a difference in fare may also apply if you choose to change the date or destination of your booking.
What can I do if my destination currently has travel restrictions and I’m not sure if this will still be in effect on my date of travel?
You have several options available to you if your flight has not yet been cancelled. You can keep your booking and look out for updates on the situation at your destination. You can also reschedule or cancel your booking.
However, please note that if your situation doesn’t fall under the requirements of our relaxed policies due to the COVID‑19 situation, a change fee and/or fare difference may apply if you decide to change or cancel your trip.
What can I do if my situation is not covered under your relaxed polices due to COVID‑19 but I want to cancel my trip anyway?
You can still reschedule or cancel your flight. However, please note that a change fee and/or fare difference may apply. And if you choose to request a refund for this booking, the amount will be processed according to the fare rules of your ticket.
Using your travel voucher
We’re no longer issuing travel vouchers, but if you’ve already exchanged your ticket for a travel voucher it will be valid for two years from the date of issue. The date of issue can be found on your travel voucher.
What is a travel voucher?
A travel voucher represents the value you paid for your ticket. They can be used for any Emirates flight or service either for yourself or your friends and family.
You can use the travel voucher for multiple transactions up to its full value.
What if I haven’t spent the full value within the time period?
If you’re unable to use the full value of your travel voucher within two years, you will be entitled to a refund of the unused amount. Please update all details on our refund page.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Emirates has refused to do so. I asked them if travel only with hand luggage and they said even in that case you have you check out.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Emirates has refused to do so. I asked them if travel only with hand luggage and they said even in that case you have you check out.
I read in the previous posts that some people have already travelled through this route.
Any idea how they managed to travel?

With hand-luggage, you will be able to transfer on your own without leaving airside.
As per Zurich Airport Website, you get your onward boarding pass at Transfer Desk / Gate.

https://www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/passengers/fly/all-about-the-flight/transfer

For passengers who are self-connecting, please note the following:
  • Boarding passes can be issued either at a transfer desk or directly at the gate, depending on the airline.
  • If baggage cannot be checked through to the final destination, you must leave the transit area and recheck your luggage.
  • It is important to allow enough time between flights and to observe the current entry regulations for Switzerland.