+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

deepakdev004

Oct 30, 2019
From Apr 1st, 2024, total fees for SC got reduced to CA
A friend of mine went today to BLS Mississauga today. He got his Canadian Citizenship and Passport only few weeks ago.
He mentioned that from today SC fee has been reduced to $34
Although I do not see any update on the fee on BLS website

Can someone who went today to BLS for surrender confirm this ?
From Apr 1st, 2024, total fees for SC got reduced to CAD38.7. BLS only updated their website on Apr 5th.

deepakdev004

Oct 30, 2019
Has anyone send their application to BLS Brampton using Canada Post? Canada Post returned my friend's application saying recipient refused to accept!

deepakdev004

Oct 30, 2019
You need to use BLS, Purolator service. Call them and book it.
What a SCAM! No where in the CGI website mentions that you can only courier through Purolator. No such notices in BLS website as well. They are deliberately doing this on purpose to force people to use their courier. There is a difference of close to $160 in courier charges alone for a couple to avail any service from BLS within Ontario.[in comparison to using Canada Post for courier].

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
What a SCAM! No where in the CGI website mentions that you can only courier through Purolator. No such notices in BLS website as well. They are deliberately doing this on purpose to force people to use their courier. There is a difference of close to $160 in courier charges alone for a couple to avail any service from BLS within Ontario.[in comparison to using Canada Post for courier].
You don't have to book through bls, you can send it by purolator on your own. I believe you can also include self addressed purolator envelope for return. Even that will save you ton of money. Call bls and confirm this.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Go for in-person submission if you want to save money. Going for any other courier service is just a way for BLS to never open your package or in worst case lose it all with all your valuable documentation gone forever.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
You do not need to available courier service through BLS. You can use any other available courier options
The key thing is you may not get any tracking update from BLS when they receive the courier and once they receive the OCI cards from the CGI. That will be the manual effort on your part
But this is a viable option..
I do not think BLS will confirm anything from there end that you can send it via another courier option that you opt for on your own, like @walter_white mentioned in his post

search for these post and you may find some members have done that:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10620641

Last edited:

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
My partial timeline in Toronto jurisdiction:
4-Apr: Submitted in person via appointment at BLS
5-Apr: Reached embassy and documents/payment received
8-Apr: Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
9-Apr: Surrender certificate has been printed.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
How do I opt for the pick/delivery courier service in BLS Vancouver? I don't see the instructions for that anywhere in their website

NNVV

Jan 20, 2021
Anyone recently submitted SC application after April 1st in Vancouver jurisdiction? when I called last week to know the fees BLS said that they are waiting from consulate to finalize the fees for Vancouver jurisdiction and asked not to send application and wait. Anyone know the updated fees for Vancouver jurisdiction?

jyojyoti

Star Member
Apr 8, 2018
Anyone recently submitted SC application after April 1st in Vancouver jurisdiction? when I called last week to know the fees BLS said that they are waiting from consulate to finalize the fees for Vancouver jurisdiction and asked not to send application and wait. Anyone know the updated fees for Vancouver jurisdiction?
hey i went to Surrey BLS on April 10 2024 and they say that they are not accepting application as the fee is not updated for Indian Passport Surrender application process but i saw on their website, its changed to $38.7. i am not sure why they didn't accept my application.

anyone in same boat?