+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian, 10 years exp in Banking & IT, MBA from Singapore

vavashis

Sep 18, 2018
Hi Friends,

I'm applying for express entry. I have been reading many write ups on how difficult getting a job in Canada is.

I understand first few months will be difficult etc etc. Just wanted to understand from you all the following:

Is there any relation between points scored on score based system and landing a job?

Will my MBA degree from Singapore add any value in getting a job?

Will my work experience in India add any value in getting a job?

I need to understand from general HR perception or point of view. I get that HR wants to hire the best candidate.

Please suggest.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Is there any relation between points scored on score based system and landing a job?
No Relation at all, the points score (if its good enough) will get you through the PR visa application process and that's it. It ends right there. Landing on a job depends on the effort you put into your job search and on understanding how things work over here.
There's always value in having an MBA, the value it adds would depend on the type of jobs you apply for and the job requirements
If you are really good at what you do, definitely your past experience will help you land in similar roles to what you've held previously - that's assuming your job has a demand in Canada & your skills are easily transferrable

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Hi Friends,

I'm applying for express entry. I have been reading many write ups on how difficult getting a job in Canada is.

I understand first few months will be difficult etc etc. Just wanted to understand from you all the following:

No points are for immigration only and have nothing to do with jobs.

MBA degree without actual management experience is worthless.

No.
Its like someone from Timtubktu asking if his work experience will work in india.
Only canadian experience matters.

I need to understand from general HR perception or point of view. I get that HR wants to hire the best candidate.

Please suggest.