+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

shizzyd

May 3, 2019
Hey everyone.

I'm trying to apply for a PPC while in Alberta, Canada, where I've been living for the last six years (first 4 as a student, then as a worker). I recently sent in my PCC application by mail, but realized that my passport expiry date was wrong and that I hadn't attached the money order (I had assumed that the $87 I paid would cover both Purolator and the fees). So I'm sending in another application to BLS with the correct expiry date, a letter of explanation, and the money order.

Can anyone tell me what the process was like for them? After it goes through the Consulate, will they contact my mother (whose number I put on my application in the section under Indian Permanent Address) and then ask her to go to the police station? As you guys know, the COVID-19 situation is really bad and she's recently had back problems. I'm worried about what she will be asked to do if/when the call comes. Someone please tell me what the process's been like! thanks

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020
Hi Guys - The current status of my PCC application is showing - "Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.". Could you please let me know whether it is already approved from the local police station in India ? And, how many days it will take to receive the hard copy of the PCC from now ? I am currently in Canada. Many thanks in advance for your kind clarification.
How long it took you to move to this status from the previous one?

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hey everyone.

I'm trying to apply for a PPC while in Alberta, Canada, where I've been living for the last six years (first 4 as a student, then as a worker). I recently sent in my PCC application by mail, but realized that my passport expiry date was wrong and that I hadn't attached the money order (I had assumed that the $87 I paid would cover both Purolator and the fees). So I'm sending in another application to BLS with the correct expiry date, a letter of explanation, and the money order.

Can anyone tell me what the process was like for them? After it goes through the Consulate, will they contact my mother (whose number I put on my application in the section under Indian Permanent Address) and then ask her to go to the police station? As you guys know, the COVID-19 situation is really bad and she's recently had back problems. I'm worried about what she will be asked to do if/when the call comes. Someone please tell me what the process's been like! thanks
Actually, it depends on the local police station. Consulate will request for the police verification to your local police station. I would suggest to ask any of your friends to visit local police station to understand the process being followed there so that you can be prepared.

Hellopcc2021

Apr 24, 2021
Does anyone know how many days does it take to get your pcc after it shows PCC has been printed.
For me it’s more than 17 days but neither did I get my PCC nor is there any change in status
Pls

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi All, Looking for your help. My husband is in India and I am in Canada right now. We couldn't initiate my husband's PCC from India because of COVID situations. Is it possible that I initiate his PCC from Canada (via BLS) rather than India, assuming it will not be unethical. Can someone please suggest.

Jul 28, 2020
Hi All, Looking for your help. My husband is in India and I am in Canada right now. We couldn't initiate my husband's PCC from India because of COVID situations. Is it possible that I initiate his PCC from Canada (via BLS) rather than India, assuming it will not be unethical. Can someone please suggest.
I really doubt you can do this if he's not physically present here in Canada. Unfortunately, you have to wait for things to open in India to get it done. You can get it done on the same day of appointment visiting the passport office.

SG1

Apr 18, 2020
How long it took you to move to this status from the previous one?
From the previous one, it took like 10 days. I initially got an email from the Passport Office mentioning that my PCC Application was been submitted in the respective police station and then it took 10 days to get the PCC Clear status. After then it's almost 5 days but the status is not getting changed.

numbnumb

Apr 27, 2021
Does anyone know what will be estimated time to get PCC from Montreal? Jurisdiction will be Ottawa if I'm not wrong. I have an appointment on 7th May.

Nicholas0095

Apr 24, 2021
Does anyone know how many days does it take to get your pcc after it shows PCC has been printed.
For me it’s more than 17 days but neither did I get my PCC nor is there any change in status
Pls
For me it took about 3-4 days after the status was 'Police Clearance Certificate has been printed'. I guess due to covid 19 situation in India had made the process slower. You can follow up with BLS by dropping them an email on your current status. They usually respond within a day or two.

Nicholas0095

Apr 24, 2021
Does anyone know what will be estimated time to get PCC from Montreal? Jurisdiction will be Ottawa if I'm not wrong. I have an appointment on 7th May.
Hey there, I live on Quebec side near Ottawa so I lie in Ottawa Jurisdiction as well (same as Momtreal). It took exactly one month in my case. I applied on March 23 (walk-in application by appointment) and my PCC was delivered on Apr 23 (as I paid for drop off in advance).

ArashKAUR

May 1, 2021
I applied for my PCC through BLS. In the requirements, they said to signature all the documents with black but mistakenly I used Blue one. I am wondering if that gonna make any effect?

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I applied for passport renewal at BLS Brampton. I've a question.

My application form doesn't have police station name or code. I remember while filling it, I mentioned the police station name since it was a mandatory question. But, the police station name was not generated in the print out.

How Consulate would send my passport renewal application form to the correct police station for verification?

It would be really helpful if someone can clarify this or overcome this or faced similar kind of issues? My application was generated in month of March.

fyi: My application is now being processing at Consulate.

Please advice!!

Charislime

May 2, 2021
I am going to apply for my pcc from Toronto. My friend /sister currently lives in the same address in India as the one in my passport, I was wondering if she can do the address verification on my behalf showing only my documents copy-Will the local police accept it, do you guys know what extra documents they may ask for my friend/sister?