+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IN LAND SPONSORSHIP - WHAT INFOMRATION IS VERIFIED?

shadowljp

Oct 10, 2008
Does CIC check with governements in the country that the spouse comes from to verify marital status in that country?

For example if the spouse is from Japan, does CIC check with the japnese goverment the marital status of that person in Japan?

Does CIC have the capacity to do this or is this what CSIS does in the background check? Or does CIC not care about the vital statitic record in the country of origin?

What infomation from the PR application does CIC actually verify with the country of origin of the spouse besides criminality/security?

Is inland processing only done in Canada or is the file sent to the country of the spouse for PR processing???

Please advise

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
Be honest.
If you happen to not comply with all the rules, it is always best to tell them and explain why things are the way they are (thinking you are married to another person and cannot get a divorce worked out).
If you lie and CIC finds out you lie in order to get a PR, you will be denied and possibly banned from Canada.

Remember that an immigration officer has the capacity to deviate from the rules, if they feel the need to do so.

Good luck,
DutchMan

shadowljp

Oct 10, 2008
This isn't a question about telling the truth or not.. what I would like to know is if CIC actually checks vital statistic records in the country of origin of the applicant.... or is this part of the background check? Does CIC in fact verify every bit of infomration on an application form by consulting with government agencies in other countries?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know the answer to your question but DutchMan is right in saying that if you tell the truth, you don't have to worry about what will come up in background checks.

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
CIC employs thousands of people. I cannot imagine that they are just sitting in their office, reading and answering application forms.
Their whole existence is about controlling (i.e. checking out) incoming foreigners.