+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status and PR

singanki

Aug 24, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am in a big mess right now, any help would be appreciated.
I am currently under implied status and filed my PR application. I am waiting for the decision on my work permit extension. My employer wants me to go back and hence I want to quit my job and wait for my PR application(CEC inland). I am afraid if I quit my job I will not get my new work permit.
Can I apply for a visitor visa while I wait for the other two(WP extension and PR)?

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
you can still work for your employer, why he wants you to quit? you are legally entitled to continue your work.
you will get your work permit extension, even if you decide to leave Canada, you will get your decision for PR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,

I am currently under implied status and filed my PR application. I am waiting for the decision on my work permit extension. My employer wants me to go back and hence I want to quit my job and wait for my PR application(CEC inland). I am afraid if I quit my job I will not get my new work permit.
Can I apply for a visitor visa while I wait for the other two(WP extension and PR)?
You can stay. Did you apply for a BOWP?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am currently under implied status and filed my PR application.

What kind of work permit was your old permit?
Did you apply for a BOWP after you submitted your PR application? OR
Did you have an LMIA approved work permit application?
NO, you should not apply for a visitor visa while waiting for a decision on a work permit application. You can do that after, if it is refused.

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

Being under implied status means you are still eligible to work legally in Canada. Applying for a visitor visa while waiting for the approval of BOWP or WP extension is not necessary and wasted of your money, unless you have an urgent trip that you have to leave Canada. Otherwise, just need to wait for your PR application approved.