+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immragation

harpreet1991

Aug 12, 2018
Hi Forum Members,
I am living in Quebec and currently obtaining a Full Time Open Work Permit which is valid for next two and half years.

I am also working as a full time employee with an daycare as educator in quebec. Now I want to call my husband from India to Canada to join me for the time rest of the time I am going to spend in Canada(planning to stay until my work permit is valid). we married in 2018

I already applied for a Visitor Visa for him but Visa officer refused the application by saying that he(visa officer) is not convinced that applicant will leave country after his stay.

I heard that I or my husband can also apply under dependent spouse visa category and upon approval he will get a work permit which will valid until the date my work permit is valid.

I searched about this on internet and got the following form for applying dependent spouse visa but after reading this form, it looks like that this form is only for the Canadian citizens and PRs

FORM NAME: Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]

Please can anyone let me know that which forms we need have to apply for dependent spouse visa and what will be processing time for application in India???
what kind of documents need for applying?

Thanks,
harpreet