+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration fraud , How to report it

zami

May 28, 2009
How to report a fraud? somebody with PR card, physically he is NOT living in Canada, and now after 3 years; he is going to apply for the citizenship and passport.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think there is a special number to report fraud but you can call the CIC call centre if you are in Canada at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp or you can send a letter to Sydney which processes citizenship at

Case Processing Centre - Sydney - Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
SYDNEY NS B1P 6V6

va_santosh

Jun 29, 2011
Please see my experience with Smart Connexsions, Hyderabad. Could anyone let me know how to get my money back?

I had a very disappointing experience with Smart Connexions.

I approached them to get help for Canada Immigration. They asked for Rs.20000/ as the first installment of their service charges. I paid this amount in the month of June, 2010 and they sent me a receipt with a note that Rs. 5000 is not refundable.

Smartconnexions sent the form to Canadian Embassy and it returned after three months stating that the date fileds were not filled (Smartconnexions claim that they are professionals in this area!). After a month, again they sent the form. It got rejected and I received the information from Embassy that alreay 1000 members are selected for year 2010.

I lost one year and got really disappointed with Smartconnexions ability in this area; also feel that they smartly cheated me. When I decided to discontinue the process with them, I enquired about the refundable part of service charges (Rs. 15000/-). Now they say that they will not return that amount as they used it to fill the forms.

They never responded on time for any of my querie and lack professionalism in all areas.

I lost Rs.20000 and one year by taking help from Smartconnexions.

Be aware of these fraudsters who takes advantage of other time and requirement.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to CIC, you can now report immigration fraud:

How do I report immigration fraud?
•In Canada, you can report immigration fraud by calling the Border Watch Tip Line at 1‑888-502-9060. All information is treated as confidential.
•Overseas, you can contact your nearest Canadian diplomatic office.
How do I report Internet or e-mail scams and fraud?
•In Canada, you can report Internet fraud or other scams by contacting the Canadian Anti‑Fraud Call Centre.

Toll-free: 1-888-495-8501
Overseas and local: 1-705-495-8501
Toll-free fax: 1-888-654-9426
E-mail: info@antifraudcentre.ca

•Overseas, you can report the scam to your local police.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zami said:
How to report a fraud? somebody with PR card, physically he is NOT living in Canada, and now after 3 years; he is going to apply for the citizenship and passport.

Thanks
Just out of curiosity how did you come about this information?

kamcatka

Jun 30, 2011
zami said:

Thanks

Yup, me too would like to know how did you get the info.

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
And, how he can apply for citizenship now as entries are recorded in Canadian POE and at least exit seals are stamped at the departed overseas airports?

Interesting Eh !!!

jamhelmcor

Jul 14, 2011
If you choose to work with an immigration attorney or a USCIS-accredited representative, here are some helpful tips to avoid being a victim of what could possibly be an immigration scam.

The following are various ways to verify if an immigration attorney or a USCIS-accredited representative is eligible to legally represent you before the USCIS and avoid being entangled in an immigration scam:
Individuals can check with the Bar Association in each state in which an attorney claims to be licensed to ensure an attorney is properly licensed to practice law.
Individuals interested in using an accredited representative authorized by the USCIS and the Board of Immigration Appeal (BIA) to assist with an immigration application and petition should always request to see the BIA order granting permission to perform such assistance.
Individuals should never sign blank applications, petitions or other documents.
Individuals should never sign documents they do not understand.
Individuals should never sign documents with inaccurate or false information.
Individuals should always get a receipt for services or assistance rendered.
Individuals should always obtain copies of all documents prepared or filed on their behalf.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
and maybe make sure that they can legally represent you before CIC, and not USCIS... as US Customs and Immigration has nothing to do with Canadian Imigration...

notfromhere

Dec 16, 2011
To Alabaman & kamcatka
Well, it's quite easy to know. I am at the same situation. My husband and I live abroad. I sponsored him, as we were planning to relocate to Canada. Once he landed in Canada, he said, we have to go back to the country where we were residing, to finalize our things there. When he came back, he told me, he is not going to live in Canada. He said, he never intended to live there. All he needs is a Canadian passport. He also abandoned me immediately. It was almost a year ago. I didn't report the marriage fraud at that time, as it is next to impossible to prove. Now, I know he is not in Canada, and has no intentions to go there. I will wait another 2,5 years and upon completion of 3 years surely will report him. It's not a revenge for the broken marriage (marriage could end regardless to any circumstances). It is the Way he did it - abusive, insulting, rough, and humiliating. And the main thing is that it was planned from the beginning. It is a pure fraud, and must be reported.

Reactions: oomuchi

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
notfromhere said:
To Alabaman & kamcatka
Well, it's quite easy to know. I am at the same situation. My husband and I live abroad. I sponsored him, as we were planning to relocate to Canada. Once he landed in Canada, he said, we have to go back to the country where we were residing, to finalize our things there. When he came back, he told me, he is not going to live in Canada. He said, he never intended to live there. All he needs is a Canadian passport. He also abandoned me immediately. It was almost a year ago. I didn't report the marriage fraud at that time, as it is next to impossible to prove. Now, I know he is not in Canada, and has no intentions to go there. I will wait another 2,5 years and upon completion of 3 years surely will report him. It's not a revenge for the broken marriage (marriage could end regardless to any circumstances). It is the Way he did it - abusive, insulting, rough, and humiliating. And the main thing is that it was planned from the beginning. It is a pure fraud, and must be reported.
I wish you well. Get well and find true love.

fat0623

Jul 19, 2018
Hi. I need your help to guide me. My husband is a canadian citizen and fraduently married me last year in January in pakistan showing himself a divorced man. He did not register our marriage in pakistan and later i got to know that he is already married in Canada. I have filed for divorce on the basis of pictures and video that I have of our marriage as a proof. Now I want to take a legal action against him and want to report a fraud against him that he has committed polygamy which is a crime under canadian law. Also, he is also harrassing me not to report to his fraud in canada. Can u please guide me the process and also what will the possible outcomes of this issue especially on his citizenship status?

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
Not an expert but here are my two cents:

Best way to take him to a Canadian Court is to hire a Canadian Attorney, he/she will guide you to the rest.

Unfortunately for you I don't think his citizenship will have any impact even if he is convicted before he is granted citizenship.

fat0623

Jul 19, 2018
Not an expert but here are my two cents:

Best way to take him to a Canadian Court is to hire a Canadian Attorney, he/she will guide you to the rest.

Unfortunately for you I don't think his citizenship will have any impact even if he is convicted before he is granted citizenship.
Okay also Can I report to CIC ??

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Okay also Can I report to CIC ??
You mentioned he js already a xanadian citizen. If he is, he can only be convicted and may be jailed at max but his citizenship wont be taken back or anything like that. Yes only option u have is take him to court and fight there which will be very expensive though