+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration forms

PRS

Apr 3, 2006
Hello everyone. I'm a US citizen being sponsored by my husband (Canadian citizen) for permanent residence. I'm just filling out the papers and I had a question. It says to attach another piece of paper if additional space is needed. I am supposed to write my name and the page number in the top left corner. I'm not sure what the page number is supposed to be. Should it be page 1 for my first additional page, or should it correspond with the page number of the form I'm filling out?
There are many things that are confusing me. I just want to make sure I fill everything out properly.
Thanks in advance.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You can do what I did and write "See attached Appendix A" in the space where you would have put the information.

Then title your attachment Appendix A. Or .. "B" or however many you need.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
i put my name and the anme of the form and page number (the number of the additional page) then i put the question number and circled that and answered the question. i think they want the page number up top so they won't get out of order on their end.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
This is quite old, but I figured it may again be worth debating. I have been considering this as well. What have others done?

Seeing as these are just attachments sometimes (an explanation letter) they do not always refer to the Appendix with the relationship proofs. (i.e. schedule 1 background declaration: personal history will surely not refer to the relationship proof appendix, just an added sheet of paper).

Or maybe that doesn't need a number then if it is just one page of explanation?

Again, just seeing what your thoughts are :)

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i treated it like i was in high school and gave everything headers:

Sponsored spouse questionnaire (IMM5490)
Question nine- Development of relationship

and signed at the bottom they auto printed with the date
however now im realizing i forgot to type my name out but, the apps are already in my husbands hands so im going to try and stress of things like that as little as possible

addendum: i only had to do this for two questions and they were both on the same form so i put the actually prints i made right behind that sheet of paper i'm sure this wouldn't work if you found yourself doing it lots of places but if you just have one or two i figure it prevents slowing down the IO reading your paper work

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My attachments were always in reference to a specific question on the forms. I did almost the same as NYCtoNB, however I didn't sign each page. I wrote headers at the top of the page:

Applicant's or Sponsor's Name (depending on which form)
Page X of Y

NAME OF FORM (e.g. APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)
Question number (e.g. 9 - Your current marital status)

I'm pretty sure that's what they ask you to do in the guidelines.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
NYCtoNB said:
however now im realizing i forgot to type my name out but, the apps are already in my husbands hands so im going to try and stress of things like that as little as possible
ask your husband to add your name, it is not necessary to have it typed, just ask him to do it by hand.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Suin said:
ask your husband to add your name, it is not necessary to have it typed, just ask him to do it by hand.
the simplest things escape me at times, thank you.

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
I typed up all my forms but when I sent them to my wife for her to sign I got her to read them through and although I checked and double checked, I had made a couple of little errors, so she tippexed them and wrote over. Had no problems at all. :)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally you don't want to use any correction fluids or other white-out on official documents, so I'd be careful with using that in case some objections pop up from the gov't.

AlanWales said:
I typed up all my forms but when I sent them to my wife for her to sign I got her to read them through and although I checked and double checked, I had made a couple of little errors, so she tippexed them and wrote over. Had no problems at all. :)

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thaiguy said:
You can do what I did and write "See attached Appendix A" in the space where you would have put the information.

Then title your attachment Appendix A. Or .. "B" or however many you need.
This is precisely what I did and it worked out perfectly.