+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fees-Please Read

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

Yesterday I attempted to pay my Right of PR Fee on CIC's website. I am required to send a receipt to the consulate currently processing my PR application. Well, the functionality that allows receipts to be printed/emailed is apparently down. In an attempt to get a receipt, I tried paying two more times. This resulted in my credit card being charged THREE TIMES for the RPRF and I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED A RECEIPT FOR ANY OF THEM ALMOST 24 HOURS LATER.

I called the CIC and they told me that, of course, they cannot just credit my card. I have to wait for a reicept to be emailed to me, give them the receipt numbers, wait 8 weeks for them to get around to sending me a check and then wait another 3-4 weeks for a Canadian check to clear at a US bank.

Needless to say, rather than waiting for the CIC, I will dispute it with my credit card and let them deal with it.

If you are trying to pay your fees online, please be aware that there is still apparently an issue with their website, as I still have not received any receipts.

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello Pommederoute,
Just wondering how you made out with the receipt?
everything workout OK?
We are going to be our Right of PR fee tonight online and are just wondering if the system is back-on-track.
anybody have any advice????
thanksk to all
FC

PommeDeRoute

Star Member
Feb 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I finally wound up being able to access a receipt, but they were not emailed to me by the CIC; I had to view all previous transactions and print the correct receipt. I then had to dispute the 2 extra charges through my credit card because I was not going to pay interest on $980 for almost 3 months because of the CICs mistake.

Im sure my account will be credited.