+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrate to Calgray or Edmonton? (Chances of finding work)

hsn01

Mar 11, 2018
Firstly, thank you Canada Visa forum creators/owners, administrators and members for all the guidance and support you have provided to numerous hopefuls including myself through our visa application/processing journeys/experiences.

I recently got COPR via the EE federal FSW program and will have to go to Canada (from Pakistan) in less than a month as my PR documents expire in a month.

I have worked as a mechanical maintenance engineer, for the most time in an oil refinery. My professional experience is relevant wherever there is machinery/equipment associated with processing and/or movement of fluids (liquids/gases), from HVAC and firefighting systems to chemical and fertilizer plants to hydel and thermal power plants to oil and gas installations etc.

I have almost decided to spend my early days in Alberta, owing to the large oil and gas, chemical processing/production and oil refining sectors, but I'm having a hard time choosing b/w Edmonton and Calgary (though Sarnia's industrial profile is attracting me more and more as I learn about it), as Edmonton has oil refineries (my current industry) nearby while Calgary has a lot of head offices.

Pl recommend one of the two cities especially on the basis of ease/chances of finding low pay/temporary work, and suitability for seeking/applying for jobs in my field.
(You could also talk about Sarnia)
Thanks and regards.

Reactions: gihank