+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5532/eIMM5532 Question #9 Formal Ceremonies

Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

I just have a quick question in regards to Question #9 from the IMM5532/eIMM5532 form.

"9. Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?"

My husband and I got married at city hall and were a part of a mass ceremony with other couples. Would this be considered a formal ceremony and be included in question 9?

Thank you!

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello,

I just have a quick question in regards to Question #9 from the IMM5532/eIMM5532 form.

"9. Were there formal ceremonies or events to recognize or celebrate your relationship, e.g., engagement ceremony, traditional or customary marriage ceremony, commitment ceremony, partnership ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc.?"

My husband and I got married at city hall and were a part of a mass ceremony with other couples. Would this be considered a formal ceremony and be included in question 9?

Thank you!
Yes, it does. Make sure you attach photographs, location, details, etc. to support your answer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you!
I would say no unless there was a special reason for the mass ceremony that involves a lot more than the typical city hall civil ceremony.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Thank you!
Yes, your marriage was a formal ceremony.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would say no unless there was a special reason for the mass ceremony that involves a lot more than the typical city hall civil ceremony.
It doesn't matter if it was a special ceremony or a normal one. A marriage is a formal ceremony.

Reactions: joe112244