+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm sponsoring my husband from Iraq and I need some help plzzzzzzz

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
Hello everyone,

I'm really sad cause I want to know how long it would take them to give the visa for my husband...I'm sponsoring him from Iraq and here is my timeline:

In Canada processing
-We received your application to sponsor XXX on September 10, 2007.
-We started processing your application on October 4, 2007.
-We sent you a letter on October 4, 2007 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

In Syria processing
-We started processing XXX application on October 17, 2007.
-XXX interview is December 11, 2007.

He did his interview in Syria and I told him not to go back to Iraq cause its dangerous for him and to stay in Syria and wait cause its not going to be long after the interview!
Since Decemeber 11, 2007 till now I havent heard anything from them yet and when he goes to ask the embassy, they tell him that they are waiting for his background check and they will call him soon ... I WANT HIM and they are taking too long

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
comon no one had the same experience please or at least the same timeline or close to it ... i want to know if he is going to get it soon please

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nanoooosha said:
comon no one had the same experience please or at least the same timeline or close to it ... i want to know if he is going to get it soon please
It is probably going to be a while yet, since CHC would probably not start the background in any great detail until after the interview. The processing time for spousal application at Damascus is 3 - 6 months on average without an interview being required. It has only been 4 months, so it is well within the processing time.

PMM

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
I called my MP and they talked to the ministry on my behalf and they told me that the embassy actually requested my husband's background checks since OCTOBER ... so is that good

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
nanosha

this is zozo ..from toronto...
applicatinon started April 20 2007
arrived at CIC Syria May28 2007
Interview sep 18 2007
requested additional info from my husband on Nov 22 2007
every time when i chek my husband status was saying undergoing backround verfication,
MP can do nothing for you at all, my lawyer had done nothing for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee at all he was lyier
yesterday my husband recieved phone call from visa officer asked him to attend and to bring with him Iraqi passport , Iraqi sitezenship
add me to your list azhar302003@yahoo.com

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
my husband got a call today ZOZO and they told him bring your iraqi passport and citizenship also YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
Mabroooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkk Noshaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .. nosah call me my # 519-933-3224 .. did they told him will issue him the visaa ????????????????????????????? Mabrooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
Nonoooosha this is zozo again ,, im ssooooooooooooo happy for you from my deep heart .. we both get the same calls almost same day .. if u can contact me or I can contact you .. my husband wanted to go to syria .. he can not .. Syria will not let him in .. he went to Syria Embassy today they refused his application .. he was sos deppressed .. any I diea how he can get in .. in order to go to Canadain embassy .. i provide you my # .. call me then i call back .. Let me know

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
zozo listen my husband was in syria since his interview on dec 11, 2007 and he didnt go back because we know that its hard to go back and they dont let him get back in syria...but the way to get in i think is to pay money to someone who will do a visa for him from syria, and I think he has to pay like $1000 or he can do غرفة تجارة

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
Can you let me know .. when your husband going to Canadain Emabssy .. and are they going to give him the VISA at same day?? or .. has to wait few days .. please let me know .. Thank you .

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
I never get any anser back from yoy Nonooosahh .. please let me know if your husband get the visa or not .. my husband applied again for Syria Embassy they refused him ,, we requested written document from Canadain Embassy forwarded to Syria Embassy .. we did not get any answer back from both .. we dont know what to do .. he is stuck in there .. anywho please let me know if you get any news from your husband.

Thank you
ZOZO

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
Hey ZOZO,

listen the embassy told my husband to go to them on monday, so he didnt go yet and i dont what is goign to happen but ill let you know ok :)

dont worry inshallah he will get out and try to call the Canadian embassy and tell them that your husband cant leave iraq and the syrians are not helping .. maybe they can do something to you inshallah

take care and good luck

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
Thank you for your replay back to me ,, yes pleas I would like to know what is going to happen .. inshaalllaaaaaaaaaahhhhh good news .. please let me know what will happen .. and keep ur thump up and smill...

nanoooosha

Feb 18, 2008
I will ZOZO and inshallah the same will happen to your husband and he will come to syria and everything will be so easy and keep smiling also :)

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
Nanoshhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .. I provide you with my cell# .. i had some quetions I thogh you can call me or you can make miss call then I will return your call ... can you do that ? or we can openy yahoo massenger and talk over the messanger I'm online now ? azhar302003@yahoo.ca