+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If father name is different on documents what documents need for spouse sponsership

hima@bhargav

Feb 26, 2019
hi, my name is hima and I am from India. my husband lives in Canada and he is pr from last 3 years.W e just got married 2 months ago and now i am applying for canada pr using spouse sponsership.

Now in one of document my father name is shaileshbhai and in other document its shaileshbhai is it valid with two name?

or any other government approved certificate required?

please guide me well.

Thanks in advance.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
hi, my name is hima and I am from India. my husband lives in Canada and he is pr from last 3 years.W e just got married 2 months ago and now i am applying for canada pr using spouse sponsership.

Now in one of document my father name is shaileshbhai and in other document its shaileshbhai is it valid with two name?

or any other government approved certificate required?

please guide me well.

Thanks in advance.
They both look the exact same to me. Maybe you did not write one of them correctly in your post. Anyways as long as your dad’s name is correct in the passport shouldnt be an issue and if he has an aadhar card, would suggest adding a photocopy of that to your application.

hima@bhargav

Feb 26, 2019
They both look the exact same to me. Maybe you did not write one of them correctly in your post. Anyways as long as your dad’s name is correct in the passport shouldnt be an issue and if he has an aadhar card, would suggest adding a photocopy of that to your application.
hi @Krissh2179 but in my all documents my father name is shailesh bhai and in passport its shailesh kumar. and my dad has only school leaving with shailesh kumar . so just want to know if i am putting my pr file and if i have both name it create problem or not?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
hi @Krissh2179 but in my all documents my father name is shailesh bhai and in passport its shailesh kumar. and my dad has only school leaving with shailesh kumar . so just want to know if i am putting my pr file and if i have both name it create problem or not?
An aadhar card would have been ideal because its a government id. Add you’re dad’s school leaving certificate copy to the application. Would also suggest you write a cover letter stating the name’s are different and which is the correct name, explain why are they different if you can and proof showing correct name (leaving cert etc)

Getting all the documents notarised with a true copy stamp would be helpful.

Last edited:

hima@bhargav

Feb 26, 2019
An aadhar card would have been ideal because its a government id. Add you’re dad’s school leaving certificate copy to the application. Would also suggest you write a cover letter stating the name’s are different and which is the correct name, explain why are they different if you can and proof showing correct name (leaving cert etc)

Getting all the documents notarised with a true copy stamp would be helpful.
@Krissh2179 so I just have to do this and put all documents in my pr procedure?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
@Krissh2179 so I just have to do this and put all documents in my pr procedure?
This is obviously a suggestion. You are free to wait for a few others to answer you and look at their suggestions too. This would be ideal. Does the passport have your dad’s right name? Does he have a birth certificate with the right name? Any other government issued id like pancard with the correct name? India is notorious for putting wrong names and spellings but it all depends on the processing officer if this is a big deal or not.

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
Get a self declaring notarised affidavit from your father that both names are his and its one and same person and father of your name
Thats what i did even though it wasnt diff name in my case just abbrevated name in some documents

Reactions: Krissh2179

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Get a self declaring notarised affidavit from your father that both names are his and its one and same person and father of your name
Thats what i did even though it wasnt diff name in my case just abbrevated name in some documents
This is a waste of money. A simple explanation letter is fine.

hima@bhargav

Feb 26, 2019
This is obviously a suggestion. You are free to wait for a few others to answer you and look at their suggestions too. This would be ideal. Does the passport have your dad’s right name? Does he have a birth certificate with the right name? Any other government issued id like pancard with the correct name? India is notorious for putting wrong names and spellings but it all depends on the processing officer if this is a big deal or not.
Yes that is the main issues.my dad leaving certificate with Kumar and passport with Kumar and other documents have di
thanks i will do then ..hope it work for me

Reactions: neha25

jshah42

Feb 16, 2024
hi, did adding an affidavit and LOE work?
I have a similar situation where my
I need to submit my birth certificate, as part of spousal pr
The problem is my father's first name doesn't exactly match my passport

On my birth certificate, my father's name is Sachinkumar whereas on all other documents (his and my) it is Sachin