+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS result withhold permanently

jewel328

Mar 20, 2017
I gave exam on 11th February from Hawthorn Muscat ( Under IDP Oman ) Oman, I expected my result on 23rd but instead of the result, I got a mail from the test center that my result withheld for quality check. By the time I wrote 2 emails to verification team to know the status, Yesterday my center sent a mail and mention that my result withhold permanently. what should I do in the situation? I can confidently tell I did not do anything which can violate IELTS rules.

Eagerly waiting for your suggestions

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you read the terms and conditions, they can withhold your result permanently for quality control and you wont get your money back. You agreed to those terms and conditions so there is nothing you can do about it. Your only option is to pay again and retake the test.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, Just curious to know, why would they even withhold a candidates result permanently with out a sound explanation? What could be the probable reasons behind such an action like this?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Reason is if they think there could have been some cheating involved.

In my January attempt, my result was withheld. During the listening section, there CD hung and we got to hear a bit of the audio twice because it was replayed. This gave us an advantage where we heard a bit again but it was not our fault and got penalised for it. I wasnt sure if I would get the score or not and didnt want to wait for them to release the results. I rebooked and took my last test in February.

jewel328

Mar 20, 2017
xpressentry said:
If you read the terms and conditions, they can withhold your result permanently for quality control and you wont get your money back. You agreed to those terms and conditions so there is nothing you can do about it. Your only option is to pay again and retake the test.
Now i am worried because if they do the same thing? Now i am in tension. They should tell me, the specific reason with prove. Otherwise how it is transparent ?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You have signed that you understood the terms and conditions that they can withhold results for quality check. The reason they have given is quality check. You cant fight it.

jewel328

Mar 20, 2017
xpressentry said:
You have signed that you understood the terms and conditions that they can withhold results for quality check. The reason they have given is quality check. You cant fight it.
I can not understand, Simply they will do like that. Everything should have the specific reason & prove. Otherwise, How we will believe such kind of international organization.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The terms and conditions are clear. You either accept it and proceed or reject it and dont proceed. You accepted it and proceeded and you ended up being the unlucky one. They have given a reason. The reason is quality check.

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
it is exactly what happened to me too , my exam was on 11th Feb , and my result permanently withheld too , I am thinking to start an official action against them

Reactions: Dr.Erum Khan

jewel328

Mar 20, 2017
raoulmos said:
it is exactly what happened to me too , my exam was on 11th Feb , and my result permanently withheld too , I am thinking to start an official action against them
Did you attempt again? Could you please share your mobile no ?

Dr.Erum Khan

May 18, 2017
I gave exam on 11th February from Hawthorn Muscat ( Under IDP Oman ) Oman, I expected my result on 23rd but instead of the result, I got a mail from the test center that my result withheld for quality check. By the time I wrote 2 emails to verification team to know the status, Yesterday my center sent a mail and mention that my result withhold permanently. what should I do in the situation? I can confidently tell I did not do anything which can violate IELTS rules.

Eagerly waiting for your suggestions
Same happened with us in Jeddah.April 8th IELTS results are witheld and no justification for that untill now.
they are saying it is still under investigation.I have no idea what to do?