+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS result recheck

Darpan29

May 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Glad to find a forum like this one

I appeared for my IELTS exam on 27th of April and got my results on 10th of May, 2019 as follows
L: 8.5 :)
R: 8.5 :)
W: 6.5 :eek:
S: 8.0 :)

Was really shocked to see my bands in writing as I had never imagined anything like this.
Can someone please suggest me if I should go for revaluation of my writing? Is there a scope for positive outcome for me?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Any suggestion would be considered invaluable!!!:):)
You can apply for a reevaluation but your score may not be revised upwards.

Is this the first time you've taken the IELTS? What kind of preparation did you do?

Darpan29

May 12, 2019
You can apply for a reevaluation but your score may not be revised upwards.

Is this the first time you've taken the IELTS? What kind of preparation did you do?
Yes it is the first time, I prepared online and did practice cambridge ietls
I know my writing should not be less than 7
I have been an IELTS teacher for two years and I know how speaking and writing scripts are evaluated on the basis of four band parameters.
Therefore, I think that I have a chance of getting my basic requirement fulfilled of 8777

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes it is the first time, I prepared online and did practice cambridge ietls
I know my writing should not be less than 7
I have been an IELTS teacher for two years and I know how speaking and writing scripts are evaluated on the basis of four band parameters.
Therefore, I think that I have a chance of getting my basic requirement fulfilled of 8777
Ask for an Enquiry on Results within six weeks of getting your score. You have nothing to lose except the fee, and you'll get a refund if your score increases.

It's also worth considering that the score may not increase, and you may have to retake the test.

I know you're saying you're an IELTS teacher (and I don't doubt that), but sometimes it's best to ask a qualified third party to give you feedback. You may be missing something that's dragging your score down. You might ask a colleague, perhaps?

Reactions: Darpan29

Darpan29

May 12, 2019
Ask for an Enquiry on Results within six weeks of getting your score. You have nothing to lose except the fee, and you'll get a refund if your score increases.

It's also worth considering that the score may not increase, and you may have to retake the test.

I know you're saying you're an IELTS teacher (and I don't doubt that), but sometimes it's best to ask a qualified third party to give you feedback. You may be missing something that's dragging your score down. You might ask a colleague, perhaps?
Yes My friend I have done all that you are saying! I have got my essays and letters checked by several of my colleagues and I was more than confident about scoring the desired bands in writing.
That is the reason I cant believe it to be my score.
And relating it to speaking where I scored 8, it further aggravates me.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes My friend I have done all that you are saying! I have got my essays and letters checked by several of my colleagues and I was more than confident about scoring the desired bands in writing.
That is the reason I cant believe it to be my score.
And relating it to speaking where I scored 8, it further aggravates me.
Well, good luck. Hopefully you'll get the .5 increase you're looking for.

Darpan29

May 12, 2019
I too appeared for IELTS due to low scores in writing but I really disappointed again, then I decided to go for CELPIP. CELPIP is the test that Canadian Government accepts for Canada PR. I found a place where everything about CELPIP is explained very well i.e Celpip dot biz.
Brother, what did you score?
Please feel free to share it?
And why did not you consider to go for revaluation? It might have been a game changer for you.
:)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Brother, what did you score?
Please feel free to share it?
And why did not you consider to go for revaluation? It might have been a game changer for you.
:)
That guy is a spammer who is trying to sell his website. Ignore him (look up his post history to see what I mean).