+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts reading rechecking?

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
hi ,
I m new here , my concern is i gave ielts exam on 9th sept idp and i got
LRWS-8.5/6.5/7.5/8
If i give my reading test for revaluation,will my score increase.i just need 0.5 marks .
Still not received my trf , will it be same as provisional coz i read some people were lucky their score was changed from online .
Thanks

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hi ,
LRWS-8.5/6.5/7.5/8
If i give my reading test for revaluation,will my score increase.i just need 0.5 marks .
Still not received my trf , will it be same as provisional coz i read some people were lucky their score was changed from online .
Thanks
There's no guarantee of score increasing after remark. Also remark is usually success in writing or speaking because these are subjective. But reading is answer based and is either right or wrong, no in between. But you can still give it a shot if you're confident that you deserved more.

Though note that if u do give your scores for remarking you will not be able to use your ielts scores to submit EE until you get the remark results which could take 4-8 weeks

99.9% of the times the online and trf scores match.

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
T
There's no guarantee of score increasing after remark. Also remark is usually success in writing or speaking because these are subjective. But reading is answer based and is either right or wrong, no in between. But you can still give it a shot if you're confident that you deserved more.

Though note that if u do give your scores for remarking you will not be able to use your ielts scores to submit EE until you get the remark results which could take 4-8 weeks

99.9% of the times the online and trf scores match.[/QUOTE

Thanks

ramesh11

May 31, 2018
I have a horrible experience. I gave my IELTS from British council in Singapore a month back. I got the following scores: L - 8.5, R - 6, W - 8, S - 8. I am pretty confident that I did not make 10/11 mistakes in Reading section to get that score. Also, I read through forums and understood that the chances of listening and reading sections getting adjusted is very very slim. I have applied for Reading section remarking, and it takes around 8 weeks!
It would be much quicker if I just re-take the test and get the results in a month. T_T My confidence is so low now! :(

Has anyone ever got their listening or reading scores re-adjusted? I applied for revaluation after a friend recommended me to do so. His score for listening got reevaluated from 6 to 7.5. But, his other scores were around 6, 6.5 etc.

raymark

Apr 23, 2018
Singapore
I have a horrible experience. I gave my IELTS from British council in Singapore a month back. I got the following scores: L - 8.5, R - 6, W - 8, S - 8. I am pretty confident that I did not make 10/11 mistakes in Reading section to get that score. Also, I read through forums and understood that the chances of listening and reading sections getting adjusted is very very slim. I have applied for Reading section remarking, and it takes around 8 weeks!
It would be much quicker if I just re-take the test and get the results in a month. T_T My confidence is so low now! :(

Has anyone ever got their listening or reading scores re-adjusted? I applied for revaluation after a friend recommended me to do so. His score for listening got reevaluated from 6 to 7.5. But, his other scores were around 6, 6.5 etc.
I also got L- 8.5, R - 6 from British Council Singapore! I was really shocked as I am quite confident with my answers and expecting to have minimal mistakes. Took the exam just this June.

I am also thinking of having it re-evaluated, but not sure if there is a possibility for it to be adjusted. :(

ramesh11

May 31, 2018
I also got L- 8.5, R - 6 from British Council Singapore! I was really shocked as I am quite confident with my answers and expecting to have minimal mistakes. Took the exam just this June.

I am also thinking of having it re-evaluated, but not sure if there is a possibility for it to be adjusted. :(
Same boat man. I should have made 10-11 mistakes in reading to get a score of 6. Unless I made a mistake in transferring the answers from the question sheet to the answer sheet, I don't think that is possible. And I double checked that during the exam.

I applied for re-checking on the last week of May. Probably it will take another month for the re-checking report.

raymark

Apr 23, 2018
Singapore
Same boat man. I should have made 10-11 mistakes in reading to get a score of 6. Unless I made a mistake in transferring the answers from the question sheet to the answer sheet, I don't think that is possible. And I double checked that during the exam.

I applied for re-checking on the last week of May. Probably it will take another month for the re-checking report.
Re-checking is time consuming and needs to pay as well, so I will just re-take the exam again.
Let me know the result of your re-checking.

I also checked my answers before I submit my answer sheet not just twice but as many times as possible, it's just frustrating that you don't know what went wrong. :(

ramesh11

May 31, 2018
True that.
Just got my results yesterday. No change. I applied for re-checking only for the reading part. No change. Have to re-take the exam.

Reactions: raymark

pakul

Oct 30, 2019
hi ,
LRWS-8.5/6.5/7.5/8
Thanks
Hi Mujahed. Did you go for reading reevaluation? If yes then did your marks got increased? I am facing same scenario need 0.5 in reading so should i also give it a shot. Please do let me know.