+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS in USA

Pravin7

Jan 25, 2018
Hello All
I am looking to write IELTS .I am currently in USA.Checked the ieltsregistration.org site.For locations near me around Chicago have a wait time of more than 3 months for taking the test.Is there a faster way to get a date sooner? or there is no other option but to wait for that long

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hello All
I am looking to write IELTS .I am currently in USA.Checked the ieltsregistration.org site.For locations near me around Chicago have a wait time of more than 3 months for taking the test.Is there a faster way to get a date sooner? or there is no other option but to wait for that long
Your only option is to schedule the test at a different place as long as you can afford to pay for the flight ticket and the hotel expenses.

Reactions: scylla

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
Hello All
Has it always been like this or is it a recent trend in the last few months? I checked in almost all centers in US, next available date is in April.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has it always been like this or is it a recent trend in the last few months? I checked in almost all centers in US, next available date is in April.
There seem to be peaks and valleys each year. The start of each year always seems to be very busy for some reason.

Reactions: american_dream

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
There is one available in ELS santa monica center in california on 24 Feb
Thank you. Got my results from my first attempt on Jan 20th test today and I'm happy with it. L8.5, R9, W7, S7.5. I won't be taking up another one...

american_dream

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
USA
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
20-08-2018
Can you please share your preparation method?
I only had a few weeks to prepare, so I took a couple of listening and reading practice tests from Cambridge English straight away to gauge myself. I was consistently scoring above 35, so didn’t spend much time to prepare for these sections but did few more practice tests to get familiar with all question types. IELTSliz youtube videos and blog posts helped in understanding some nuances.

As I stated in another thread, I kept my formula for writing simple. In the first paragraph, I always start by paraphrasing the question and summarizing what I will be writing or which side I’m taking. Then, I will write two of my best ideas in two paragraphs. Finally, conclude by summarizing again. I placed more emphasis not to have any spelling or grammatical errors, right punctuation, and best connecting words.

For speaking, I referred again to the latest questions sections on IELTSLiz blog. I didn’t prepare the complete answers, but just prepared the gist of most common questions such as my favorite hobby, vacation. Personally, I felt I could have done the speaking test much better but the exam pressure got to me and kept repeating/correcting myself during the test.

PS: I always plan to complete the reading practice tests in 40 minutes, and it came handy during the test. I used the remaining time to review the answers and in fact, corrected three answers in the exam which gave me a perfect 9.

Reactions: balu2gani

balu2gani

Feb 3, 2018
I only had a few weeks to prepare, so I took a couple of listening and reading practice tests from Cambridge English straight away to gauge myself. I was consistently scoring above 35, so didn’t spend much time to prepare for these sections but did few more practice tests to get familiar with all question types. IELTSliz youtube videos and blog posts helped in understanding some nuances.

As I stated in another thread, I kept my formula for writing simple. In the first paragraph, I always start by paraphrasing the question and summarizing what I will be writing or which side I’m taking. Then, I will write two of my best ideas in two paragraphs. Finally, conclude by summarizing again. I placed more emphasis not to have any spelling or grammatical errors, right punctuation, and best connecting words.

For speaking, I referred again to the latest questions sections on IELTSLiz blog. I didn’t prepare the complete answers, but just prepared the gist of most common questions such as my favorite hobby, vacation. Personally, I felt I could have done the speaking test much better but the exam pressure got to me and kept repeating/correcting myself during the test.

PS: I always plan to complete the reading practice tests in 40 minutes, and it came handy during the test. I used the remaining time to review the answers and in fact, corrected three answers in the exam which gave me a perfect 9.
thank you