+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GENERAL TIPS (from personal experience)

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I created this thread for anyone planning to take the IELTS General test anytime soon to provide you with useful tips and strategy based on personal experience to help you ace the test in one try.

I took the IELTS in May 20 and was able to get a CLB 10 (LRWS- 9.0/8.5/7.5/7.5) in my first and only attempt. I believe many people could benefit from the strategy I used so feel free to ask me any questions you have in mind.

Reactions: rajbabu23

raj909

Aug 1, 2021
I created this thread for anyone planning to take the IELTS General test anytime soon to provide you with useful tips and strategy based on personal experience to help you ace the test in one try.

I took the IELTS in May 20 and was able to get a CLB 10 (LRWS- 9.0/8.5/7.5/7.5) in my first and only attempt. I believe many people could benefit from the strategy I used so feel free to ask me any questions you have in mind.

Hi, can you let me know how to practice reading section as I am unable to manage the time for this section.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi, can you let me know how to practice reading section as I am unable to manage the time for this section.
My tips for reading:

1. Practice at least 20 different Cambridge reading modules before you sit the actual test

2. Time yourself as if under exam conditions and train yourself to finish at least 5 minutes before time

3. Do not try to read or understand the whole passage. Develop the skill of locating specific information in the passage based on the question asked. If the question has a ‘where’ look for a place in the passage; if it has a ‘when’ look for information relating to time in the passage

4. Understand all the question types that you may encounter. Some question types have answers that come in order. Constant practice will make this automatic for you and help save time

5. While practicing, take note of the question types that you find more challenging. For me, it was TRUE/FALSE/NG. Dedicate special effort to practice these more till you understand how to tackle them.

6. I also recommend practicing with IeltsLIZ’s reading course or her blog; you will find it extremely useful