+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for exempted persons. HELP!

kjaere

Feb 3, 2018
Hi. I need some guidance.

My partner is 57 years old, and according to the regulation, this age is exempted ( below 18 and 55- above)
I already have my IELTS since I fall on the age bracket that requires it.
However, as I try to complete my express entry application and when I try to fill up my partner's qualification , I go the language test taken box and click on "None" since he is exempted, then next window will show that we are not eligible and cannot move on to the next level anymore anymore. He is skilled, has many years experience as a teacher.

Please help me how we can waive his exemption? There's no option in the online eligibity application form for exemptions...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi. I need some guidance.

My partner is 57 years old, and according to the regulation, this age is exempted ( below 18 and 55- above)
I already have my IELTS since I fall on the age bracket that requires it.
However, as I try to complete my express entry application and when I try to fill up my partner's qualification , I go the language test taken box and click on "None" since he is exempted, then next window will show that we are not eligible and cannot move on to the next level anymore anymore. He is skilled, has many years experience as a teacher.

Please help me how we can waive his exemption? There's no option in the online eligibity application form for exemptions...
1. The IELTs /Language test is exempted for CITIZENSHIP applications because of age, you are applying for Immigration, no exemption (except for secondary applicant)
2. Have you checked to see if you actually qualify? You need 67 points to apply for Express Entry. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html