India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Hi all,

I have heard from many people that IELTS organizers will not give you the required bands in General tests until you haven't given the test 3-4 times already. I also have an experience of the same when i gave recent IELTS exam around 3-4 months ago where i got overall 6 bands.

I gave my exam and was shocked to see the results. I done well in my Writing exam and was expecting a good band score but they gave me 5 bands in it and in the speaking test which was the worst exam i had, i got 7 bands. In the speaking exam, i wasn't able to speak properly for the topic i was given and spoke just few words that weren't correct according to me. Then how they gave me 7 bands in it?

That proves that the rumors are true and you won't get proper IELTS bands before you haven't given the test 3-4 times already.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Good way of making money....Rather they need to set the price for 1 test around Rs. 30k-40k and give the the proper bands in the first test itself.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

I have heard from many people that IELTS organizers will not give you the required bands in General tests until you haven't given the test 3-4 times already. I also have an experience of the same when i gave recent IELTS exam around 3-4 months ago where i got overall 6 bands.

I gave my exam and was shocked to see the results. I done well in my Writing exam and was expecting a good band score but they gave me 5 bands in it and in the speaking test which was the worst exam i had, i got 7 bands. In the speaking exam, i wasn't able to speak properly for the topic i was given and spoke just few words that weren't correct according to me. Then how they gave me 7 bands in it?

That proves that the rumors are true and you won't get proper IELTS bands before you haven't given the test 3-4 times already.
1. Don't you find it strange that most of the people who post on the Skilled Worker/EE threads are able to get acceptable IELTs score on their first try, and those can't get the pass score, claim IELTs is fixed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Based on what you've written on the forum - a score of 5 seems about right for writing. Your posts contain a number of fairly basic grammar and sentence structure errors.

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi all,

I know it can be frustrating. However, your speaking might obscure any grammatical errors since it is all about speaking fluently within the context. Writing is a completely different skill. A great writer may be a poor public speaker.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
1. Don't you find it strange that most of the people who post on the Skilled Worker/EE threads are able to get acceptable IELTs score on their first try, and those can't get the pass score, claim IELTs is fixed?
Many people who went to graduate school in USA and/or have US work ex also had to repeat IELTS, so I wouldn't say that it's easy to get desired score in first attempt. Infact based on reading other peoples posts , I believe it's more common that people had to give it more than once.

scorpiowsf

Jul 17, 2017
I have the same problem. God knows better ,,I am unable to score more than 5.5 in reading ,although I am 7.5 in Listening and 8 in Speaking and attempted multiple times ..

fridge03

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I've seen people take IELTS more than 10 times without getting needed results, what about that?!
Stop making excuses and prepare properly!

Reactions: scylla

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hi all,

I have heard from many people that IELTS organizers will not give you the required bands in General tests until you haven't given the test 3-4 times already.

Not true at all. I scored 8.0 on my first try.

Reactions: scylla and fridge03

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
I am a working professional and gave IELTS with 1 month of preparation and scored band 8.
Here are few tips and scenarios:
1. Focus needed. Just registering for the exam and then doing practice test here and there online won't help much if one is not improving over the weak area.
2. Stick to few good websites or a book and learn the basics. This is very true to my case when I got saved on my writing skills by referring to some great videos on youtube by Jay on E2 ielts channel.
Ielts liz is a great website to prepare on all areas.
3. For speaking, you should find a partner to practice and record your session ans then listen to it. Don't worry if you are not doing good. What matters is that in the end you should practice on as much topics as you can. This helps if in the real test, you actually get the same topic or similar one you'll have some ideas already and that will turn the odds in your favor.
4. Writing - Again practice and refer to Jay on youtube or Ielts liz to find out how you should frame your essays and letter.

With a little bit of dedication, we can crack it. I Believe we all already have the reason as to why we are doing it. :):)

All the best.

Reactions: SreeDivya