IELTS bands

Urooj18

Dec 27, 2022
I have scored

Speaking 6..5
Reading 5.0
Writing 6.0
Listening 6.0

Is it sufficient bands to apply for my visa as I have already received my acceptance letter from Georgian College, Barrie, Ontario by applying with my complete documents and my above-given IELTS certificate?
I am applying for a computer programming 2 years diploma.
My age is 18 and applying from the United Arab Emirates.
Note: I am confused about whether these bands will be ok if I go to apply for my visa if they need 6 bands each.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have scored

Speaking 6..5
Reading 5.0
Writing 6.0
Listening 6.0

Is it sufficient bands to apply for my visa as I have already received my acceptance letter from Georgian College, Barrie, Ontario by applying with my complete documents and my above-given IELTS certificate?
Note: I am confused about whether these bands will be ok if I go to apply for my visa if they need 6 bands each.

Thanks
If refused due to language skills then re-do and try and get at least 6 or more in all bands. 5.0 is low for reading.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have scored

Speaking 6..5
Reading 5.0
Writing 6.0
Listening 6.0

Thanks
No. Not sufficient. Too low. The 5.0 in Reading essentially guarantees IRCC will refuse your study permit.

hshahid18

Dec 19, 2022
You should check with university. Each university has its admission requirements part of which is English language requirement. If university sends you acceptance letter, IRCC should not have any objection. I also suggest to pass this question to the University admission team, and take advice from them. In addition, If you would like to improve your score , there is a good resource that I personally used to achieve 7.5 band score. Check it out here. https://edilume.com/courses/ultra-ielts-preparation-course/