+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS band required for canada study visa for 2 years diploma in mechanical technology

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
how many IELTS bands required to get canada study visa ?? degree is 2 years diploma in mechanical technology in calgary
admission is already confirmed by email from university

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Under SDS : 6.0 in every band
Non SDS : does not have a requirement. Otherwise, it's your responsibility to show VOs your ability to success in your intended program in Canada. IETLS is one of the way to proof it. Anyways, 5.5 is usually considered below average. Beside that, a good GPA, good educational background ( no back log, no drop off, etc..) will also contribute to the final decision.

Reactions: hsn005

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you SDS or not? Is this SAIT? Assume you only have high school education if applying for a diploma. Or is it a post grad program?

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Are you SDS or not? Is this SAIT? Assume you only have high school education if applying for a diploma. Or is it a post grad program?
i m not SDS
yes it is SAIT
i have done bsc engineering
now want to get a visa to entre in canada
i am applying for 2 years diploma in mech engg technology

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Under SDS : 6.0 in every band
Non SDS : does not have a requirement. Otherwise, it's your responsibility to show VOs your ability to success in your intended program in Canada. IETLS is one of the way to proof it. Anyways, 5.5 is usually considered below average. Beside that, a good GPA, good educational background ( no back log, no drop off, etc..) will also contribute to the final decision.
i am not SDS
i have got overall 6 bands. speaking 6.5 and reading writing listening 5.5 in each
now i am afraid that would i be able to secure study visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i m not SDS
yes it is SAIT
i have done bsc engineering
now want to get a visa to entre in canada
i am applying for 2 years diploma in mech engg technology
Is the diploma a post graduate program? If not, chances of refusal are high since it only requires a high school diploma and you have a BSc in Engineering. It doesn't advance your career or build on your degree. IELTS scores are low too.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

i am not SDS
i have got overall 6 bands. speaking 6.5 and reading writing listening 5.5 in each
now i am afraid that would i be able to secure study visa
1. Did you read the SAIT requirements, which are as follows?

Assessment tests

In order to accept one of the below exams, you must apply for a SAIT program within one year of the date the score is issued.

Note: This policy is in place for programs starting July 2022 or later. Applications for earlier start dates must be submitted within two years from the date the score is issued.

Assessment testTest scoreProgram requirement
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS Indicator is also accepted
Must be the Academic IELTS Assessment
6.0 in each skill/categoryEnglish Language Arts 30-1 or 30.2

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
how many IELTS bands required to get canada study visa ?? degree is 2 years diploma in mechanical technology in calgary
admission is already confirmed by email from university
That should be available on the DLI's website.