+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IDP OR BRITISH COUNCIL MYTHS CLARITY

vancouver@24

Oct 2, 2018
Hi i just wanted to know from the experiences of the people about some myths of idp.

1. Some teachers says that IDP does not give 8777 easily and gives it only in a rare case while on the other hand British council gives 8777 comparatively more often then IDP .

i know scores depends upon on study but ill like to share my experience with british council and IDP

1. BRITISH COUNCIL EXAM SCORE - L-6.5 , W,6.5 , S-6.5 , R-8
2. IDP - L-7.5, W,6 , S-7.5 , R-8

GAP BETWEEN BOTH THE TESTS WERE ONLY 15 DAYS .

Now how can it be possible that speaking increases by 1 band in just 15 days without practice and writing goes down by .5 band...

please share your valuable feedbacks

Ricky1124

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi i just wanted to know from the experiences of the people about some myths of idp.

1. Some teachers says that IDP does not give 8777 easily and gives it only in a rare case while on the other hand British council gives 8777 comparatively more often then IDP .

i know scores depends upon on study but ill like to share my experience with british council and IDP

1. BRITISH COUNCIL EXAM SCORE - L-6.5 , W,6.5 , S-6.5 , R-8
2. IDP - L-7.5, W,6 , S-7.5 , R-8

GAP BETWEEN BOTH THE TESTS WERE ONLY 15 DAYS .

Now how can it be possible that speaking increases by 1 band in just 15 days without practice and writing goes down by .5 band...

please share your valuable feedbacks
I think it depends upon the topic that you get in exam. For some topics we are not able to meet the requirements that are explained in band descriptors. It’s a matter of hard and sometimes luck(if you get easy and relevant topic for writing or speaking)