+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAS vs WES for FSW

chandanthour

Nov 28, 2012
Hello Guys,

Why is ICAS taking 3 months for evaluating education and WES just 7 days.. this sounds very weird. Does anyone has any info regarding this?

-dan

janeyandstuart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
So far, WES is delivering what they promise.
Once they received my documents Friday afternoon- it said review in progress.
Monday afternoon it already says evaluation in progress and upon a further $100 fee they say the report will be ready 1st of May.
If ICAS really take 3 months, this would seriously jeopardise you applying to CIC before caps reached.

aav

Star Member
May 12, 2013
ICAS may be more detailed report, having more wider acceptance after you land in Canada. Dont be surprised if WES report is only good for immigration purpose. I read it somewhere, dont remember where though

KNM

Sep 5, 2011
Salutation,

Well said...ICAS issues detailed comprehensive report good for education,job and for selected medical examinations as well.More over they received my documents for assessment on 27 Mar 13, on 9 April 13 it was placed in Q for assessment and by 10 May they despatched the report towards me(Pakistan) via TNT courier expected to reach by 14 May 13.

KNM

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandanthour said:
Hello Guys,

Why is ICAS taking 3 months for evaluating education and WES just 7 days.. this sounds very weird. Does anyone has any info regarding this?

-dan
You only need to check the WES thread to see people's experience on actual timeframes with WES. WES is inundated with applications.

mmomen

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015 - Application delivered to CIO
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014 - by SINP
Nomination.....
27-04-2015 - by SINP
AOR Received.
16-07-2015 - by CIC
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
janeyandstuart said:
So far, WES is delivering what they promise.
Once they received my documents Friday afternoon- it said review in progress.
Monday afternoon it already says evaluation in progress and upon a further $100 fee they say the report will be ready 1st of May.
If ICAS really take 3 months, this would seriously jeopardise you applying to CIC before caps reached.
Dear janeyandstuart,
Unfortunately I just received my papers from my university..please let me know at a glance:
1)what papers I need to submit to WES?
2)what will be my payment method?
3)how much I will pay to get ECA report so quickly?

mmomen

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
mmomen said:
Dear janeyandstuart,
Unfortunately I just received my papers from my university..please let me know at a glance:
1)what papers I need to submit to WES?
2)what will be my payment method?
3)how much I will pay to get ECA report so quickly?

mmomen

Here is the info. on WES' "APPLYING FOR THE FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM?":

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/

You could also check out WES' REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR FSWP APPLICANTS site for the info. (just enter your country in the drop down menu and it will provide all the information for your country). The site will explain "What to Submit" and "How to Submit":

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/

You can also check out WES' FSWP FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS site for additional info. too:

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/faq/

You can also check out WES' FEE SCHEDULE site for additional info. too:

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/fees/

Make sure you read the FSWP APPLICANT UPDATE, it provides updates regarding you question about getting "ECA report so quickly"

http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/updates/

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Re: WES FSWP APPLICANT UPDATE [ May/12/2013 ]

FSWP APPLICANT UPDATE

May, 12 2013

For applicants that applied for an educational credential assessment (ECA) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).

Changes to WES Rush Services

1. Same-day rush service is currently unavailable

Due to the exceptionally large number of requests, WES is not accepting orders for same-day rush processing for FSWP. All pending same-day files were automatically switched to three-day processing. A refund in the amount of $100 (the difference between same-day and three-day service) will be issued using the same form of payment as your original method of payment.

2. Three-day service

All pending three-day service applications will be completed in three days after all documents are received and approved by WES.

For all new applications, three-day service will only be offered after all documents have been received and approved by WES. WES will notify you by email when your documents are approved to give you the option to request our three-day service.

mmomen

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014 - by SINP
Nomination.....
27-04-2015 - by SINP
AOR Received.
16-07-2015 - by CIC
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

donutbox said:
thnx donutbox :) from ur quick reply..i will go to these link and will disturb you if i have any other queries?

mmomen

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014 - by SINP
Nomination.....
27-04-2015 - by SINP
AOR Received.
16-07-2015 - by CIC
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

mmomen said:
thnx donutbox :) from ur quick reply..i will go to these link and will disturb you if i have any other queries?

hi...

What does it means by "Please submit a formal application before your documents are scheduled to arrive at WES. Without an application on file, WES will be unable to process your academic records or confirm that they have been received." in WES website?

Should I need to submit two "Request for Academic Records" for my bachelor and Masters?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010

mmomen said:
hi...

What does it means by "Please submit a formal application before your documents are scheduled to arrive at WES. Without an application on file, WES will be unable to process your academic records or confirm that they have been received." in WES website?

Should I need to submit two "Request for Academic Records" for my bachelor and Masters?

It means you have to follow these steps (step 1 is to Appy). Essentially, you have to first create an account with WES by following step 1....then do step 2 then step 3.

Notice that step 2 is to send your docs to WES (i.e., step 1 is to submit a "formal application")....but you can't just send your docs to WES if WES is not expecting to receive your docs......that's why you need to do step 1 first (see image below, click on it).

I am myself am not clear on whether this "Request for Academic Records" form is even necessary...but assuming both your degrees were done at the same academic institution, I assume when you are applying for a transcript you would only have your registrar complete a single "Request for Academic Records" form for both transcripts.

If you are applying for the transcripts at separate times (I am not really sure why you apply at separate times) I take it you would need to have the "Request for Academic Records" form completed twice.

If your transscript are from separate institutions, then you will probably have to also have the "Request for Academic Records" form completed twice (i.e, one "Request for Academic Records" form from each institution)

Again, please refer to WES' the FAQ:

If I have two degrees, which one should I have assessed?

WES will assess all degrees that you indicate on your application.

WES cannot answer questions regarding immigration and/or eligibility for FSWP. To find out if you meet the FSWP criteria, please visit the CIC website.

Note to applicants who have previously applied: If you have multiple degrees but prefer that WES only evaluate one of them, please indicate this in writing and submit your request to www.wes.org/ca/contact.

mmomen

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014 - by SINP
Nomination.....
27-04-2015 - by SINP
AOR Received.
16-07-2015 - by CIC
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

thanx a lot donutbox...u r great.....it is very clear to me...
plz give me another two answer that:

1)I have not any master or visa card by my own ..can I use my friends card for giving the payment to WES?
2)What is the billing address in Order Confirmation page?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010

mmomen said:
thanx a lot donutbox...u r great.....it is very clear to me...
plz give me another two answer that:

1)I have not any master or visa card by my own ..can I use my friends card for giving the payment to WES?

Just for additional clarification, after completing step 1, WES will provide you with a reference number. You should instruct your academic institution to indicate this WES reference number on the envelope/transcript that is being sent (by your academic institution) to WES. With the reference number indicated, WES will then be able to more easily process your documents.

WES does not care whose card is being used.....WES only cares that the card can be charged.

The billing address is the address that is associated with the credit card being used. Every credit card has "billing address" associated with it....your friend should be able to provide this address.

hictor

May 15, 2013
KNM said:
Salutation,

Well said...ICAS issues detailed comprehensive report good for education,job and for selected medical examinations as well.More over they received my documents for assessment on 27 Mar 13, on 9 April 13 it was placed in Q for assessment and by 10 May they despatched the report towards me(Pakistan) via TNT courier expected to reach by 14 May 13.

KNM
i have hec attested photocopies of my degree and transcript in a sealed envelop but not getting how to proceed further as pakistani to satify ICAS

Q1 Who will send this envelop to ICAS, HEC or my institute who rewrded the degree?

Q2 do i have to send these document from both HEC and the Institute?

Q3 what procedure you had adopted for your degree evaluation.

pintspin

Jul 23, 2013
hictor said:
i have hec attested photocopies of my degree and transcript in a sealed envelop but not getting how to proceed further as pakistani to satify ICAS

Q1 Who will send this envelop to ICAS, HEC or my institute who rewrded the degree?

Q2 do i have to send these document from both HEC and the Institute?

Q3 what procedure you had adopted for your degree evaluation.

Dear all ,
regarding ICAS procedure following is the response from ICAS hope it will help many of us. Question asked by me was in blue color and answer from ICAS is indicated in red color ,

Sent: August-03-13 1:18 AM
To: ICAS - FSW
Subject: Inquiry about HEC - Attested Docs Assessment.

Dear ICAS Representative,

I am syed , i would like to inquire that All my educational documents have been attested by HEC Pakistan in a sealed signed and stamped envelope . seeking your kind guidance on below two questions .

Since HEC does not facilitate to send these documents on behalf of students How can the document be sent to ICAS ? can i forward the sealed envelop directly to ICAS (please note that i have contacted ICAS on july 23rd on telephone and i was informed that if all my documents are attested by HEC and are in sealed envelop then i can directly send it to ICAS along with the document submission form and no need to submit Official Record Request in this situation.

This is correct. The HEC will provide you with attested copies in a signed, sealed envelope. You must submit this envelope to ICAS. The HEC will not send it directly to ICAS, nor will the HEC complete the official records request form.

SInce HEC has its own procedure to initiate authentication of correctness of record & originality of the documents which was already followed by me with out submitting the OFFICIAL RECORDS REQUEST , shall i still require to submit that Official record request ? ( HEC have already authenticated the records in sealed and signed envelop and sent to me directly ).
No. The request form is not required.