+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I will be eligible for citizenship in May 2011, need further information

futurecanuck

Oct 3, 2010
Hi,

I will be eligible for citizenship as of May 2011 (I will comply with the requirement of 3 years of presence as Permanent Residence in Canada).

1) I would like to start getting information about the steps on what to do once the month of May 2011 arrives.

2) How long does it take (processing time) to be granted Canadian citizenship from the moment you start your application?

Thanks in advance for your answers, comments and time.

Have a nice day.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure that you have enough days before you apply. You should have at least 1095 days in Canada in the previous 4 years on the day before you sign your application. Better give it a couple of weeks more to make sure.

The citizenship application officially takes 13-16 months but it can vary a great deal depending on unknown factors. I have heard of people getting citizenship in as little as 8 months. My own application took 2.5 years and for most of that time, the online status was "in process". It was listed to have been transferred to local office on the same day as I my letter to appear for the exam was dated.

I had the letter to appear for exam about 2 weeks before the date I had to appear. I was told at the exam that the time between the exam and ceremony would be 2-4 months. In my case it was less than 2 months and I was notified again by letter about 2 weeks before the date.