+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to know that's true or not

Abnelmalk

May 24, 2019
I had applying for a job in Hilton, the adress, 145 RICHMOND STREET WEST, TRONTO. M5H 2L2, CANADA. TEL:+15873190185..which in the application
And TEL:+13018952154 which in the email
, i had been accepted and i received an agreement document from candian government in which wrote on it :Gorden sachs attorney,
Employment letter/joint agreement.
I want to know that's true, especially they required from me to send this application after filling it to the candian embassy in India to get my visa. And i am from egypt.. Please i need a reply. Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's nearly guaranteed to be fake. The phone numbers are incorrect for Toronto, and a hotel is not going to sponsor an LMIA. Canadian lawyers generally do not call themselves attorneys.

How much have they asked you to pay for the visa and clearance?

Or have they asked for your passport and ID information?

Abnelmalk

May 24, 2019
Yes, i had been sent to them my passport photo.. But they told me that i would pay for the visa an the tickets and then they would pay my back

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I had applying for a job in Hilton, the adress, 145 RICHMOND STREET WEST, TRONTO. M5H 2L2, CANADA. TEL:+15873190185..which in the application
And TEL:+13018952154 which in the email
, i had been accepted and i received an agreement document from candian government in which wrote on it :Gorden sachs attorney,
Employment letter/joint agreement.
I want to know that's true, especially they required from me to send this application after filling it to the candian embassy in India to get my visa. And i am from egypt.. Please i need a reply. Thanks
https://jobs.hilton.com/files/recruitment-fraud-one-pager.pdf

They even warn you about fraudulent job offers on the Hilton website!

Recruitment Fraud continues to be a serious issue in today’s job market. Recruitment scams may involve
offering fictitious job opportunities and requesting personal information and payments to process false
applications. These fraudulent recruitment activities are a global concern that Hilton takes very seriously. Learn
how to become more familiar with identifying and reporting recruitment fraud.
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud offering fictitious job opportunities. This type of fraud is normally
done through online services such as bogus websites, or through unsolicited e-mails claiming to be from Hilton
and/or its brands. These emails request recipients to provide personal information and ultimately payments to
progress false applications.
Perpetrators often ask recipients to complete fake recruitment documents, such as job applications and/or visa
forms. It is important to look for these key warning signs:
• Requests for personal information, such as passport details and banking information.
• Requests to contact other companies/individuals (e.g., lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier
companies, visa/immigration processing agencies).
• An offer to pay a percentage of the fees requested if the candidate pays the remaining amount.
• A sense of urgency for the applicant to take action on the correspondence or offer.
DO:
 Save messages from the perpetrator for
further investigation if necessary. Save
the original subject line, complete
headers and complete message content.
 Send an email to the Hilton security and
compliance team (ISC@hilton.com) and
include all relevant evidence, including
job posting information and email
communications.
 We would advise you to contact your
local police or legal authority and provide
them with all information you may have
from the senders.
DO NOT:
 Respond to unsolicited business
propositions and/or offers of
employment from people with whom you
are unfamiliar.
 Disclose your personal or financial details
to anyone you do not know.
 Send any money. Hilton does not ask for
money transfers or payments from
applicants to secure a job, either as an
employee or as a contractor.
 Engage in further communication if you
believe the communications may be
fraudulent.

Abeck

May 24, 2019
Hi. I'm Vicky from the Philippines and I'd like be enlightened about the LMIA docs and it's processes. I was offered a job in Tim Hortons Calgary AB. I was told that this job was to be processed tru Direct Hire system. They also told me that there's already a positive LMIA. These past few days, I've found out that something's off so me and my other co applicants told them that we will back out and wanted to get our money back., but they insisted that we have to pay them 300 thousand pesos(Philippine peso) as a penalty for backing out and for the LMIA.
Me and my co applicants haven't signed yet any docs and even LMIA.
I just want some clarifications re my situation right now.
I now know that it's fraud so I wanted to clarify and verify if Tims do really issue a LMIA for an expat workers like us in the Phils and do they charge penalty if the applicants like myself back out from accepting the job.
Thanks for anyone who will reply.