+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need advice...

rojita

Jun 8, 2007
I married a canadian in 2003 and got my PR in october 2004. My husband and I got separated in February 2006, he made me sing some pappers without me seing a lawyer. He was my sponsor, but he said he had no obligations with me. All my family lived in Mexico so I had come back here. I was very depressed back then and I didn´t care about anything, I just wanted to leave.
Now after a year an a half I want to go back to Canada, I liked living there and I don´t want to lose my PR. The only problem is that I don´t have enough money to support myself for the first couple of months until I find a job. Are there any programs that I can apply to help me start my life there or I just should forget about going back?
Thank you very much to all of you for taking the time to reply...

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Rojita,

You should speak to a Canadian lawyer. Canadian law is different from Mexican law, and there is a good chance that your husband must still support you.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
thaiguy said:
Rojita,

You should speak to a Canadian lawyer. Canadian law is different from Mexican law, and there is a good chance that your husband must still support you.
Hola Rojita

In first place you shouldn't write any papers without a lawyer as a backup; anyway done is done.

Now, I can see that you already have your PR, so you may contact with an Organization for help, there are a lot of them in Canada

Suerte!!
Eduardo