+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I NEED ADVICE. MY APPLICATION FOR WORK PERMIT WAS REFUSED

neil

Dec 14, 2010
Hello to everyone,

Please, I need help. My work permit application was refused because I have not satisfied the officer that I would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for my stay because of my family ties in Canada and in my country (Philippines). There are no specific details as to why they came up with this assumption. My wife is already working in Alberta, Grande Prairie and I have a job offer and LMO provided by my wife's employer. we were supposed to be working in the same company. I also have an Aunt Living in Ontario together with her family. they are already citizens. I'm not sure if these made them think that I had no Intentions of going back home. I find it really unfair. I feel so devastated, like our dreams for our family were all crushed down just because of wrong judgement. I would have appreciated if they had at least Interviewed me in person before refusing my application. I could have explained my side. We actually have a 4 yr old son who will be left here in the Philippines if I fly to Canada. Isn't that enough proof that I have no Intention on Staying in Canada Ilegally? Please help me? what should I do? Idont want to give up. I'm hoping that there's still chance for me to get through this until my LMO expires on April 4, 2011 I hope that there's someone out there who have also experienced the same situation. please share how you guys survived. thank you so much in advance. GOD bless!

sau2calgary

Star Member
Feb 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24, 2009 ( NS)
AOR Received.
Jan 19, 2010 ( 2nd AOR)
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
awan
Passport Req..
Oct.09,2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 27,2010
LANDED..........
next yr..may or june 2011 @ calgary alberta
neil said:
Hello to everyone,

Please, I need help. My work permit application was refused because I have not satisfied the officer that I would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for my stay because of my family ties in Canada and in my country (Philippines). There are no specific details as to why they came up with this assumption. My wife is already working in Alberta, Grande Prairie and I have a job offer and LMO provided by my wife's employer. we were supposed to be working in the same company. I also have an Aunt Living in Ontario together with her family. they are already citizens. I'm not sure if these made them think that I had no Intentions of going back home. I find it really unfair. I feel so devastated, like our dreams for our family were all crushed down just because of wrong judgement. I would have appreciated if they had at least Interviewed me in person before refusing my application. I could have explained my side. We actually have a 4 yr old son who will be left here in the Philippines if I fly to Canada. Isn't that enough proof that I have no Intention on Staying in Canada Ilegally? Please help me? what should I do? Idont want to give up. I'm hoping that there's still chance for me to get through this until my LMO expires on April 4, 2011 I hope that there's someone out there who have also experienced the same situation. please share how you guys survived. thank you so much in advance. GOD bless!
Hi there..so sad to hear about what happened to you.. As you said your wife is in canada under LMO, and have an aunt too. If by chance you LMO will be approved then you will leave phils and your 4 year old son will stay in phils too...

Why not apply as FSW which is I believe you are more qualified.

neil

Dec 14, 2010
sau2calgary said:
Hi there..so sad to hear about what happened to you.. As you said your wife is in canada under LMO, and have an aunt too. If by chance you LMO will be approved then you will leave phils and your 4 year old son will stay in phils too...

Why not apply as FSW which is I believe you are more qualified.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually have a pending FSW application. filed it last july 2006 still waiting for the medical request or whatever is next. it's been 4 years now :eek:(

sau2calgary

Star Member
Feb 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24, 2009 ( NS)
AOR Received.
Jan 19, 2010 ( 2nd AOR)
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
awan
Passport Req..
Oct.09,2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 27,2010
LANDED..........
next yr..may or june 2011 @ calgary alberta
neil said:
Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually have a pending FSW application. filed it last july 2006 still waiting for the medical request or whatever is next. it's been 4 years now :eek:(
you are under old rules..old rules it take time to process..... new rules it takes 6-12 months... check your ECAS everytime or your email..embassy might have a new advice for you...