+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need a resumé example

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Hello boys and girls,

Has anyone of you an example of a resumé for me to fill out, save etc?

Many thanks in advance,

C

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

Try http://www.qsic.org/ for good resource for sample resumes.

Hope this helps.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are a number of great suggestions under the other area:

Canada Immigration Forum > Working in Canada Topics > Resources for Finding a Canadian Job

Check out www.careego.com, as it's written by Canadian HR professionals and will give you current examples of resumes for the Candian job market.

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Charlotte,

I am a professional resume consultant located in Montreal. If you need assistance writing a resume or a cover letter, I can write one for you. My fees are reasonable and for one price, I will do as many re-writes as are required for you to receive calls. I can also offer proofreading and resume critique. It's one less thing for you to worry about.

You can email me at resume.shop1 at gmail dot com for details. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hope to hear from you!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just do a google search for sample resumes and the rest is........ cut copy paste....find and replace :)

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just make sure that the final resume still feels and sounds like you. As someone who assists in resume writing and also interviews people, it's very important to me that the resume reflects the person. Use words and terminology that you're comfortable with -- don't try and sound like someone else. Resume samples can give you some great ideas on format/presentation etc, but I can't stress enough how important it is that your resume is a product of you and not a clone of someone else.

http://careego.com/ResumesLetters/ResumeDevelopment/tabid/98/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That will come in the interview stage na.....so whatever you write on the resume gets you into the interview room. After that what you basically sell yourself

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newtone,

I've read a number of your comments through other discussion threads, and I'm a little confused about some of your feedback.

In this thread, what do you mean by "this will come in the interview stage". You're correct that the resume is often the first introduction an employer has of you and will get you in the door and then it's up to you to sell yourself - but your resume also has to clearly reflect your skills and accomplishments without embellishing your qualifications, or you won't be able to sell yourself very well in the interview.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@canadian career coach
Assuming everything you write on your resume is correct, in addition to this you'll have to sell yourself which is far more important in the interview stage. The resume just gets you in the intervire room. So we are basically talking about the same thing. I dont see wheres the confusion

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Newtone
Not a problem - I may have been misinterpreting.

I agree, the resume is usually the first step and in the interview you have to validate your experience and show the interviewer why you're the best candidate for the job.

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
I've also learnt that while a 'chronological' resume is the most popular style that people use. Depending on your target, sometimes you need to look at creating a functional or combination style resume.

All formats, require you to highlight your key accomplishments vs just your responsibilities. Showcase your most valuable achievements and save the rest for the interview.