+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I apply for Quebec investor program but I want to live in Toronto

linhai

May 10, 2009
Hi every body!
I 'd like to immigrate to Canada as an investor. If we choose Quebec investor program and the whole family of mine were approved by the visa offices, how long do we have to stay and live in Quebec? Can we move to Toronto and live there at the first day we arrive in Quebec?
Please give me the answer...
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on if there is a condition on your PR card. Some investor/business programs are conditional to your starting a business and making it work in the next couple of years. If that is the case, you can not move until you have filled this condition. If there is no such condition, you can move earlier.

Most likely you will at least have to sign some kind of document stating that you intend to settle in Quebec. If you do not intend to settle in Quebec, you know that you will be lying on this form. You realize that lying on your PR application forms can cause your PR to be cancelled if you are caught. Therefore, it would be advisable to stay in Quebec at least long enough to say that you attempted to settle there in case somebody will ask you later.

linhai

May 10, 2009
Leon said:
It depends on if there is a condition on your PR card. Some investor/business programs are conditional to your starting a business and making it work in the next couple of years. If that is the case, you can not move until you have filled this condition. If there is no such condition, you can move earlier.

Most likely you will at least have to sign some kind of document stating that you intend to settle in Quebec. If you do not intend to settle in Quebec, you know that you will be lying on this form. You realize that lying on your PR application forms can cause your PR to be cancelled if you are caught. Therefore, it would be advisable to stay in Quebec at least long enough to say that you attempted to settle there in case somebody will ask you later.
Thanks for your reply. It's really helpful to me.

Reactions: Shahzadi2352

mehr123

Nov 3, 2009
linhai said:
Hi every body!
I 'd like to immigrate to Canada as an investor. If we choose Quebec investor program and the whole family of mine were approved by the visa offices, how long do we have to stay and live in Quebec? Can we move to Toronto and live there at the first day we arrive in Quebec?
Thanks

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
linhai said:
Hi every body!
Thanks
Once you get your PR card, you would be protected by the Freedom of Movement Clause of the Charter of Rights and Freedom, which means you have the right to reside anywhere in Canada. However there are certain restrictions to investor program, typically you make some sort of financial deposit with the said province and should you not fulfill the obligation of the investor program, the deposited is not to be refunded.