+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am terribly nervous

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Hi,

I have checked the previous blogs and find nothing realted to my query. I might have missed it though. My husband (Canadian Citizen) has applied for my PR in the month of Feb-2008. Its been approved in Mississuaga and have sent it to Delhi office and Delhi has started proccesing it only on 23rd April 2008. How long do you think I have to wait before i can expect any letter from the Embassy in Delhi confirming the interview date? The processing time says 2 to 6 months in CIC website. but does it take actually this long? The file status in CAS says in-process. Apart from being extreamly anxious I am getting night mares about this! Its already been over 6 months we are married and living apart :(
Can someone suggest a way out to know if there is any other way at all to know the actual status of my application? Or does any one think I have any reason to be anxious about as its just been 4months from the date of application?

Thanks!
MR

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mridula R said:
Hi,

I have checked the previous blogs and find nothing realted to my query. I might have missed it though. My husband (Canadian Citizen) has applied for my PR in the month of Feb-2008. Its been approved in Mississuaga and have sent it to Delhi office and Delhi has started proccesing it only on 23rd April 2008. How long do you think I have to wait before i can expect any letter from the Embassy in Delhi confirming the interview date? The processing time says 2 to 6 months in CIC website. but does it take actually this long? The file status in CAS says in-process. Apart from being extreamly anxious I am getting night mares about this! Its already been over 6 months we are married and living apart :(
Can someone suggest a way out to know if there is any other way at all to know the actual status of my application? Or does any one think I have any reason to be anxious about as its just been 4months from the date of application?

Thanks!
MR
1. The figures quoted are the averages from applications already processed, if an interview is required, it will be at the high end.
2. It has only been in process since 23/04/08, which is less than a month, so it has a while to go, you don't count the time in Mississauga.

PMM

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Re: processing time in Delhi Office

Thanks PMM,
Thats a very sad news. I wish there is some way I can know what is going on with my file. Its been 7 months since i had last seen my husband after marriage. Any consultancy or anyone can tell me when it is likely to come through so I can at least call my husband to visit me? What do you suggest? just waiting and waiting and waiting?

Regards
Mridula

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: processing time in Delhi Office

Hi

Mridula R said:
Thanks PMM,
Thats a very sad news. I wish there is some way I can know what is going on with my file. Its been 7 months since i had last seen my husband after marriage. Any consultancy or anyone can tell me when it is likely to come through so I can at least call my husband to visit me? What do you suggest? just waiting and waiting and waiting?

Regards
Mridula
You are going to have to wait, there is no way he is going to be issued a visitor visa to visit as his intention (Pr application) is to remain permanently in Canada.

PMM