+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am confused

krisashok

Feb 23, 2008
Hi members,
I have a doubt, i submitted my passport to obtain my PR visa on March 2008 as skilled worker category( Independent).I got engaged on Apr 2008.I havent informed to CHC regarding my engagement. I received my visa and passport on July 2008. I landed on August 2008.I am going to marry on Feb 2009.My doubt is, I am gong to sponsor my wife (outland) from India.If i apply for sponsoring my wife, Are they going to refuse.? Because i havent informed CHC regarding my engagement? Can I apply for sponsorship as soon as i get married? I am going to marry on feb and i will return to canada on March.So i am going to apply on March.Is that ok? Do i have to wait for some months? proposal or engagement can be before landing, but marriage should not.Am i correct?please reply me

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you had lived together for 12 months, you would have had to notify them before to add her to your file but if you didn't, then you would not have been able to add her anyway so you would have to do what you are doing which is landing, marrying later and then sponsoring. The only potential problem is if they start questioning you of if you had lived together for 12 months already since you get married only a few months after landing.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
you can play with the dates,tell the cic you got engaged after you got the visa,i mean it really is not an issue,engagment is nothing offical,they only care if you got married and did not inform her.

so when you apply to sponsor you wife,mention that you knew each other from a while ago and then you got engaged before coming to canada