+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground,does it happen often?

Jasonchang

Aug 1, 2010
i didnt meet the obligation and i have my reasons,
can i apply for the travel document on humanitarian and compassionate ground?

i mean,i know it depends on specific cases,but in general,does the ambassy really give visa on those reasons?
i would really like to have the statistics.

thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no statistics but it does happen. I have heard of it in the case of people taking care of a sick parent, giving proof of the parents illness and I have heard of it in the case of people having young children living in Canada and then maybe they get to keep their PR more because of their children. There could be more cases where they see it as H&C reasons but these are the ones I have heard of.

Gary63

Dec 7, 2009
I am in the same situation. I am alone sun and my mother is very sick.Waht have I do. If I can talk about my P.R. status in embassy of Canada in my country , or I have to be in Canada for it
Thank you.

L7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary63 said:
I am in the same situation. I am alone sun and my mother is very sick.Waht have I do. If I can talk about my P.R. status in embassy of Canada in my country , or I have to be in Canada for it
Thank you.
apply for Travel Document in embassy of Canada in your country, here is the link of guide and forms for Travel Document.

cic.gc.ca /english /information /applications /travel . asp

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
is a planned wedding considered as a compassionate ground to travel? I have a visitor visa expiring Jul next year. Thank you.