+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to score 8 band in listening.. From last 2 attempts I am getting band 7.

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
How to score 8 band in listening.. From last 2 attempts I am getting band 7.
Hi there,
I attempted thrice and got 8+ in all of them, may be my tips can help you get a better score.
There are few traps in the exam that is designed to check your competency levels.
1.Different accents(Eg.Australian being the toughest)
2.Plurals(Eg.MembershipS,people often miss out the S and end up giving wrong answers.
3.Distractors-Sometimes the first few sentences in the audio may not contain the answers ,and suddenly 3-4 answers may be said back to back ,while we are not listening....losing answers this way has once affected my frnds' scores.
4.I used Liz's different type of audio files to practise,which help you understand your week points.
5. Practise,practise,practise...and learn where exactly you go wrong.
6.SPELLINGS(Eg.advice/advise,practise/practice)
7.Idiomatic expressions(Make yourself familiar with idioms)

Listening is the easiest of all modules, Hope you crack it soon.
GOOD LUCK.

Emeka_D

Jun 28, 2019
Please what do you mean by different Liz audio? I currently have a platform where I practice regularly especially for the listening, because I really need an 8 in it...

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
Please what do you mean by different Liz audio? I currently have a platform where I practice regularly especially for the listening, because I really need an 8 in it...
I mean audios with different level of difficulty, fast ones and those with common traps can help you improve, IELTS Liz is a useful website for preptn....Figure out where exactly you go wrong during practice...when you give a wrong answer ,once the audio is done ,try to find out how it went wrong..

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
If you dont constantly get an 8 while practising, dont expect to get the score in the real exam....book for the test only after you constantly get an 8 .

Reactions: Emeka_D

Emeka_D

Jun 28, 2019
Okay.
I mean audios with different level of difficulty, fast ones and those with common traps can help you improve, IELTS Liz is a useful website for preptn....Figure out where exactly you go wrong during practice...when you give a wrong answer ,once the audio is done ,try to find out how it went wrong..
Thank you so much... I would try out the platform you mentioned, I have been using ieltsonlinetests.com for some months now, its also very good.

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
Okay.

Thank you so much... I would try out the platform you mentioned, I have been using ieltsonlinetests.com for some months now, its also very good.
My pleasure! Let me know if you need some help...I'll instantly respond:)I took ielts 4th time coz of one of the forum members! who told me you lose coz you make silly mistakes!That's true:DDont panic.Good Luck!

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
What kind of questions are difficult for you!?Like maps, MCQs,The final academic speech section.?How do you think you lost scores last time?

Emeka_D

Jun 28, 2019
My pleasure! Let me know if you need some help...I'll instantly respond:)I took ielts 4th time coz of one of the forum members! who told me you lose coz you make silly mistakes!That's true:DDont panic.Good Luck!
I really would appreciate the help. Its my first time and I really don't wish to reappear. Email me your WhatsApp contact if you don't mind. Somacojnr@gmail.com