+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prove salary earned in Foreign job

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
How to prove salary earned in job when HR doesn't give same
  • I have worked in 3 previous jobs in some well-know IT companies. All of the HR give reference letter than I worked from this to this and some roles/responsibilities
  • NONE of the HR is willing to give salary value in the experience letter as HR is different from Finance. Finance deny same saying for ex-employee we can't issue this.
What can be a workaround in such cases? Obviously colleague/boss can't help for salary certificate. I think
  1. Salary slips of the company even if from SAP etc system which is not on a letterhead etc.
    • Prior H1b/L1 visa to USA from same company deputation to the US. so suggest I did get paid.
    • Offer letters of the jobs for L1
    • Promotion letter but again in plain emails only as was the practice in my company
    • Form-16 and IT returns.
    • ICICI salary bank account statement. But again it's just online statement taken from the bank website. Do we need to get it stamped etc for salary credit proof?.
    • Indian govt. Income Tax Return acknowledgement (but this doesn't have an employer it just shows gross income).
    • LOE showing mail from HR that we can't show salary etc for ex-employee.
Will these all together work or we should have some other way to prove the point?. Anything missing in the list?.

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
Hi I am facing the same issue with a previous employer. They have agreed to mention in the reference letter that salary will not be provided for confidentiality reasons. I am planning to include income tax statements and payslips in place of this to prove I was paid.
Will this be enough? Any seniors here who went through this issue ?