russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada.html

It is very very difficult for a person not living in Canada to get an employer to hire them. They have to go through the LMIA process. This is costly and it takes at least 4 months to advertise the job and prove no Canadian can do (or wants the job).

But you can certainly apply for jobs on job sites.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=job+sites+in+canada&rlz=1C1NHXL_enCA775CA775&oq=job+sites&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.3693j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

IamEd

Oct 26, 2018
So im from mexico, would you suggest applying for the express entry program and base myself on the point system from the Application?? How would i go about finding a job afterwards?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So im from mexico, would you suggest applying for the express entry program and base myself on the point system from the Application?? How would i go about finding a job afterwards?
You can. All depends on how much experience in Graphic Designing you have. Have you worked full time at this? Being a Laundry man will not get you points on Express Entry.

Calculate your points here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Judging by you limited profile, I would suggest your best option is to come and study, maybe a graphic Design qualification. Then after 2 years you can qualify for a PGWP (open work permit). This will give you the chance to gain working experience in Canada and that will give you points towards PR.

IamEd

Oct 26, 2018
You can. All depends on how much experience in Graphic Designing you have. Have you worked full time at this? Being a Laundry man will not get you points on Express Entry.

Calculate your points here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Judging by you limited profile, I would suggest your best option is to come and study, maybe a graphic Design qualification. Then after 2 years you can qualify for a PGWP (open work permit). This will give you the chance to gain working experience in Canada and that will give you points towards PR.
The graphic designer was the person before me. I dont have a degree but ive worked in transportation logistics for the past 2yrs and also have 5yr experience in a Contractor business of hardwood floorings. I really wouldnt mind finding a job from both fields. But i heard that i firat gotta have the work permit to apply. So express entry application would be the thing to do first. Also looked into the Atlantic immigration pilot to find any openings.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I don't think you would get enough points for Express Entry with that experience either. Atlantic Pilot or PNP would be the only way you MIGHT get the required point. Did you calculate your points from that link I sent you?

Still think studying is your best option.

IamEd

Oct 26, 2018
I don't think you would get enough points for Express Entry with that experience either. Atlantic Pilot or PNP would be the only way you MIGHT get the required point. Did you calculate your points from that link I sent you?

Still think studying is your best option.
Oh man it looks like I only got 426pts. Wait so how does studying Canada help? Do they let me work while instudy so I can pay off my clases? I am still young so going to school is still something I’d do.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
426 is not enough as the cut off was 450 the last time. I am quite surprised you got so high considering your experience (no offence).

To study you would need to show you have the first years course costs + $10000. Can you get that? You can work up to 20 hours a week on a study permit.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Oh man it looks like I only got 426pts. Wait so how does studying Canada help? Do they let me work while instudy so I can pay off my clases? I am still young so going to school is still something I’d do.
Also note that you will be paying international tuition fees so working only 20 hours per week at minimum wage is not enough to pay off your classes.

IamEd

Oct 26, 2018
426 is not enough as the cut off was 450 the last time. I am quite surprised you got so high considering your experience (no offence).

To study you would need to show you have the first years course costs + $10000. Can you get that? You can work up to 20 hours a week on a study permit.
Even if i cover that tuition. 20hrs at minimum wage wont do. I think i am left with the Atlantic pilot program or find to find a PNP.