+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get 8 in Speaking

magzz

Jun 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I recently appeared for IELTS. Though I got an average of 7.5(L 8.5, R 8, W 7(time management issue, lost completely the time track and in the end the 2nd task couldn't be finished), S 6.5), Speaking has completely shaken my confidence. I've appeared twice and both time it's been 6.5 in speaking. The first time, i completely lost it and there were a lot of pauses....but got 6.5 and in second attempt i was sure that I'll get 8 at least. But when I saw my result it was a different story....a 6.5 again. my first speaking was nothing when compared to the recent one.but same scores.. i m not getting this..

Secondly, what are the tips to improve speaking... the minimum i am targeting is 8.0. And I'll appear from Pakistan...any suggestions, my first attempt was from AEO and the 2nd one is from Britishcouncil. I have heard that AEO is lenient...and my experience suggests so... Is it so or just an assumption

magzz

Jun 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro have you appeared from both of the bodies..

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalidhaider said:
Dear brother,
yes ,that is way i am suggesting you .
A.E.O is best but its fee is higher than British council.
Do A.E.O have office or representative in Iran??Do you have any information?

magicmike

Jul 18, 2011
It's tough to get to 8 in an IELTS speaking test, this means you are almost like a native speaker. I htink the only way is to get help from a native speaker, if possible an IELTS teacher and een better an IELTS examiner! Try to get someone face-to-face if you can't try the guy at his website ieltsanswers.com

Traveler 1

Feb 4, 2011
Hello all,
I got 7,5 in speaking which is good for me but i scored really low in writing, can i retake just the writing module?

alvs

Star Member
Oct 12, 2009
Hi,

I refer onlineieltshelp.blogspot.com for free content for IELTS and i recommend their premium pay plan for live training online. The live trainer in that website really helps to correct the writing tasks and also speaking tests.I also thank this forum to get IELTS score.

I suggest you susbcribe to PP2 SPEAKING PLAN in that website with live trainer , live tests and live evaluation

Thanks

Miki27

Sep 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 December 2011[br]PER...............: 15 February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with app (Band 8.0)
File Transfer...
19 June 2012 [br]([i]"We started processing your application"[i])
Med's Request
02 August 2012
Med's Done....
08 August 2012[br]Med's Recvd...: 14 August 2012[br]Med's on ECAS: 25 August 2012[br][i]("Medical results have been received")[/i]
Passport Req..
18 October 2012[br]Decision Made: 31 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 October 2012
Traveler 1 said:
Hello all,
I got 7,5 in speaking which is good for me but i scored really low in writing, can i retake just the writing module?
You have to take the complete exam again if you want to improve your scores (even if it is just in one section).

Michaela

bangshws

Oct 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On top of everything, you must have a good skill at grammar. I believe most people who have a good writing skill can do this very well. When you speak you tend to make more mistakes. Therefore, your grammar must be very strong. Take a look at these IELTS Writing Samples and see how other people used grammar in their writing tasks.

you must speak slowly, and elaborate on your answers. When you have to speak for 1-2 minutes on a topic, my topic was "tell me about an open air activity that you do." So, I not only answered the question, but spoke a lot about why I like it, why I may dislike other activities. Basically, don't just answer the question and wait for her. Keep talking. If she interrupts you and tells you time is up for that section, you probably did OK. I don't think they're looking for "correct" answers, but how well you can keep a conversation going. I even asked a couple of clarifying questions (but not in the 1-2 minute speech!). Engage the speaker if you can in the regular question/answer parts.

Be friendly to the speaker and try not to treat it as an exam.

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
bangshws said:
On top of everything, you must have a good skill at grammar. I believe most people who have a good writing skill can do this very well. When you speak you tend to make more mistakes. Therefore, your grammar must be very strong. Take a look at these IELTS Writing Samples and see how other people used grammar in their writing tasks.

you must speak slowly, and elaborate on your answers. When you have to speak for 1-2 minutes on a topic, my topic was "tell me about an open air activity that you do." So, I not only answered the question, but spoke a lot about why I like it, why I may dislike other activities. Basically, don't just answer the question and wait for her. Keep talking. If she interrupts you and tells you time is up for that section, you probably did OK. I don't think they're looking for "correct" answers, but how well you can keep a conversation going. I even asked a couple of clarifying questions (but not in the 1-2 minute speech!). Engage the speaker if you can in the regular question/answer parts.

Be friendly to the speaker and try not to treat it as an exam.
very good suggestions. Thank you :)

ibtihaj

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Jan-2012
Nomination.....
PER: 28-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
8.0 overall,Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hopefully will waive off
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
AOA

I am from Karachi and i appeared from AEO KARACHI on 8th October 2011 , i scored 8 in speaking , its very easy with AEO , just speak-up , speak whatever comes into your mind about the topic , learn to say TRUE LIES , the topic given to you to speak on is usually unfamiliar, so just speak , dont stop , u will easily get 8 , i am not a native speaker , i also speak fluent urdu , just stick to fluency and you will make it

Regards