Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
How to do Medicals w/out the forms?

Usually we need to do our meds thru the forms [IMM1017] supplied by our VO [the concerned CHC]. However, there could be reasons for doing the same WITHOUT them. Eg. the forms are lost, the CONsultant is withholding them, forms r somewhere & u r somewhere else etc. In such case, we 'can do the meds w/out the forms' too. Here's how:

1. Email CHC again to re-issue u the IMM1017 [med forms]... if time permits.
2. If not, Contact a DMP for an appointment.
3. Inform the DMP, in advance, that u want to do the meds "w/out" the forms.
4. They can get your meds done by 'creating' those forms* for u.

*Note:
- All DMPs have those 'blank'* forms.
- All they need is an 'authority' to do so. If u have the CHC's email - it would suffice.
- If u don't have an email from CHC, yet the DMP'll be happy to assist u [read they want the money].
- They'll need your File No. + 2xPhotos to prepare the forms [specific for u].
- U need to show the DMP your original Pps & pay the DMP's Fees [of course].

Important: If u do not get the CHC's nod to do the meds, remember the meds expire by 1yr & your visa/s will be valid till that period 'only' [except if anyone of your dependent's Pps expire before that, then it'd be earlier]. So, doing the meds early could be risky - as it might offer u lesser time to 'land'. If that's Ok with u, plz be free to get the meds done earlier.

Hope that helped...
Qorax
___________________________________________________________________________________________
*Here's how the form/s look:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for an informative post as usual, my question, doing medical examination after say 2-3 months from the date of processing help the file to be processed faster? as when the VO needs the meds they already have it with them saving time for them to send a request and then getting the meds after the waiting time.

Just thought might help me and a few other people. I am preparing my file for Jul/Aug 2011

Thanks and regards

moein

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for your information for advanced Medical.

My timeline is in the signature.

I requested CAIPS note, but I have received "FOSS Check". In "FOSS Check", I can see all my points, police certificate, Funds, Action taken (additional doc request) and a line "Application Scores xx points and therefore meets the selection criteria for immigration Canada". The last line is B0xxxxx DB 27-Aug-2010. There is no BF'D in this report.

I know that "Foss Check" is for application inside Canada, but all the information is based on the documents sent to Buffalo CIC. For CIO-NS, I claimed 16 point for language skills, since at that time I did not have the IELTS result. But in 120 days, I got my IELTS score and attached to other documents and sent to Buffalo CIC. My language point is less than 16 based on the IELTS score, and in "FOSS check", I can see my IELTS date and language scores.

After Aug 2010, I have not got any update/request from Buffalo, I contacted them several time, but only generic response "your application is inprocess". Since I am in Canada, I have contacted local MP, and he is now following my case. The MP's office could not get response from Buffalo after one week request.

I was wondering if you can give me information about this long-time process.
1. Is my qualification process finished, and they are doing security check? Or the "Foss Check" information is not reliable, and can be changed?
2. What can I do now?

Thanks,
Moein
qorax said:
How to do Medicals w/out the forms?

Usually we need to do our meds thru the forms [IMM1017] supplied by our VO [the concerned CHC]. However, there could be reasons for doing the same WITHOUT them. Eg. the forms are lost, the CONsultant is withholding them, forms r somewhere & u r somewhere else etc. In such case, we 'can do the meds w/out the forms' too. Here's how:

1. Email CHC again to re-issue u the IMM1017 [med forms]... if time permits.
2. If not, Contact a DMP for an appointment.
3. Inform the DMP, in advance, that u want to do the meds "w/out" the forms.
4. They can get your meds done by 'creating' those forms* for u.

*Note:
- All DMPs have those 'blank'* forms.
- All they need is an 'authority' to do so. If u have the CHC's email - it would suffice.
- If u don't have an email from CHC, yet the DMP'll be happy to assist u [read they want the money].
- They'll need your File No. + 2xPhotos to prepare the forms [specific for u].
- U need to show the DMP your original Pps & pay the DMP's Fees [of course].

Important: If u do not get the CHC's nod to do the meds, remember the meds expire by 1yr & your visa/s will be valid till that period 'only' [except if anyone of your dependent's Pps expire before that, then it'd be earlier]. So, doing the meds early could be risky - as it might offer u lesser time to 'land'. If that's Ok with u, plz be free to get the meds done earlier.

Hope that helped...
Qorax
___________________________________________________________________________________________
*Here's how the form/s look:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
new_2_canada said:
Thanks for an informative post as usual, my question, doing medical examination after say 2-3 months from the date of processing help the file to be processed faster? as when the VO needs the meds they already have it with them saving time for them to send a request and then getting the meds after the waiting time.

Just thought might help me and a few other people. I am preparing my file for Jul/Aug 2011

Thanks and regards
Unfortunately getting the meds [done] earlier doesn't help in speeding-up the process. The med results would only be placed in the file - w/out further acting upon it... till our time comes [queue!].

This option is not about speeding anything -- it's about the probability of getting around when the odds r against.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
moein said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for your information for advanced Medical.

My timeline is in the signature.

I requested CAIPS note, but I have received "FOSS Check". In "FOSS Check", I can see all my points, police certificate, Funds, Action taken (additional doc request) and a line "Application Scores xx points and therefore meets the selection criteria for immigration Canada". The last line is B0xxxxx DB 27-Aug-2010. There is no BF'D in this report.

I know that "Foss Check" is for application inside Canada, but all the information is based on the documents sent to Buffalo CIC. For CIO-NS, I claimed 16 point for language skills, since at that time I did not have the IELTS result. But in 120 days, I got my IELTS score and attached to other documents and sent to Buffalo CIC. My language point is less than 16 based on the IELTS score, and in "FOSS check", I can see my IELTS date and language scores.

After Aug 2010, I have not got any update/request from Buffalo, I contacted them several time, but only generic response "your application is inprocess". Since I am in Canada, I have contacted local MP, and he is now following my case. The MP's office could not get response from Buffalo after one week request.

I was wondering if you can give me information about this long-time process.
1. Is my qualification process finished, and they are doing security check? Or the "Foss Check" information is not reliable, and can be changed?
2. What can I do now?

Thanks,
Moein
1. Nothing is finished... your b/ground checks r 'on'. FOSS is reliable... but could be outdated from the moment it's retrieved to your hand. By the way getting the MPP to act on it was a wise decision -- but then, Buffalo is known to be non-responsive to our queries.

2. Nothing much can be done but to wait... and shooting infrequent mails to your VO, 3-4 weeks apart. Pester that MPP though.

Qorax

moein

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Hi Qorax,

My local MP is following the case. Base on his request from Buffalo V.O, he told me that the standard BG/C is in-process and it is done by officials out of the Buffalo visa office, thus we can not make a specific time for finalizing the case.

What are BG/C out of Buffalo V.O.? IS the point in my 'FOSS Check' can be changed? I got 70 in "FOSS Check", but my work experience is less than what I expected and claimed. Is it possible that the could not contact my previous employer? or they will update it during BG/C?

Thanks, Moein

qorax said:
1. Nothing is finished... your b/ground checks r 'on'. FOSS is reliable... but could be outdated from the moment it's retrieved to your hand. By the way getting the MPP to act on it was a wise decision -- but then, Buffalo is known to be non-responsive to our queries.

2. Nothing much can be done but to wait... and shooting infrequent mails to your VO, 3-4 weeks apart. Pester that MPP though.

Qorax

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Qorax, without aware complete process how person can go for advanced Medical exam without VO request, I guess for us (USA applicant) risk to loss money of DMP fees (if application rejected during "in-process" some reason!!!! :( , and no medical request issued!!! :( ).

so, here is the point that advance medical Without request is loss of money which you paid to DMP even loss of time too, becasue of the landing validity!! that mean better to go for Medical after request, its good to save money and save time.

OMM

terem-teremok

Jun 10, 2011
Qorax, need your suggestion , please..

I'm in US. My visa office is in Europe. On June 10th they've mailed me my medical forms. Their last correspondance came through Canada Post.
Now Canada Post is on a lockout and my medicals are stock somewhere in Canada.
I've tried to call my local DMP about passing the medical exam without the medical forms on hand, but he was not sure of which exactly forms I needed. i.e section A, B, C, etc..
I'm under FSW2 and don't know how to find out about which exactly forms I need to pass the medical exam. And also how many and what exact size photos do I need? Do I need anything else becides the forms and the photos??

I'd appreciate if you could find a minute to help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
omm said:
@Qorax, without aware complete process how person can go for advanced Medical exam without VO request, I guess for us (USA applicant) risk to loss money of DMP fees (if application rejected during "in-process" some reason!!!! :( , and no medical request issued!!! :( ).

so, here is the point that advance medical Without request is loss of money which you paid to DMP even loss of time too, becasue of the landing validity!! that mean better to go for Medical after request, its good to save money and save time.

OMM
Regrets, didn't understand what u were trying to say/suggest/opine/advice... my bad!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
terem-teremok said:
Qorax, need your suggestion , please..

I'm in US. My visa office is in Europe. On June 10th they've mailed me my medical forms. Their last correspondance came through Canada Post.
Now Canada Post is on a lockout and my medicals are stock somewhere in Canada.
I've tried to call my local DMP about passing the medical exam without the medical forms on hand, but he was not sure of which exactly forms I needed. i.e section A, B, C, etc..
I'm under FSW2 and don't know how to find out about which exactly forms I need to pass the medical exam. And also how many and what exact size photos do I need? Do I need anything else becides the forms and the photos??

I'd appreciate if you could find a minute to help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

U'll need 2 forms:
1. Form IMM 1017 (05-1998)E; and
2. Appendix C – Medical Instructions for FSW.

Here's the guideline/s:

A. When you and your family members go for your medical examination, make sure you have these forms completed for each person, along with the following items:

1. Passports for yourself and your family members, plus a photocopy of the bio-data page of each passport. If a passport is not available, provide an official identity document bearing the photo and date of birth of the family member;

2. Eye glasses or contact lenses, if you or your family members wear them;

3. Previous medical report(s), if any. You must tell the examining doctor about all past and present medical problems and conditions, and provide the doctor with any available documentation such as physician's reports, treatment or prescriptions; and

4. Five recent pictures [taken within six months preceding the date of the examination] for yourself and your family members (see section on photos in the instructions on how to complete the Application for permanent residence).

B. Make an appointment with one of the doctors identified on the enclosed list. A Medical Report, Section A (form IMM 1017) will be completed at the doctor's office for yourself and each of your family members undergoing the medical exam. A photo of the person to be examined by the doctor will be affixed on both copies of that person's form. This form is used to match your medical file to your immigrant file.

C. The doctor will sign the form and mail it to the Canadian Regional Medical Office (RMO) with the results of the examination.

Qorax

Ps.: I wonder how your DMP didn't know which ones r to be filled -- given that u must have mentioned [to him/her] about your application category & file No.

terem-teremok

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks a lot Qorax!

I wonder how your DMP didn't know which ones r to be filled -- given that u must have mentioned [to him/her] about your application category & file No.
That's what I was wandering too, although I did not give him my file No. Just told him I was under FSW. Can DMPs actually lookup someone by their file No?? I'm surprised ::)

dreames

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-10
Doc's Request.
2-5-10
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 7-2010
Med's Request
3-6-2011
Med's Done....
12-7-2011
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
3-6-2011
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-2011
LANDED..........
hopefully end of this year
my agent withhold my medical paper what i do?

dreames

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-10
Doc's Request.