+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to contact MP?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am a Jan 2014 applicant, and waiting for PPR after MR for about 4 months. As seen from GCMS notes, my eligibility and medical are both passed. Thus, I plan to contact the local MP to see why my application is pending for ever next week. I am living in Calgary, AB.
Could you please tell me how to find the correct MP?
Do I have to meet the MP in person? If so, how can I make an appointment, by phone or email?
In my first email, What should I mention? Do I have to offer all the information of my application and send my recent GCMS notes to them? Or, just to request an appointment for meeting?

Thanks a lot!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
lhyyym said:
Hi All,

I am a Jan 2014 applicant, and waiting for PPR after MR for about 4 months. As seen from GCMS notes, my eligibility and medical are both passed. Thus, I plan to contact the local MP to see why my application is pending for ever next week. I am living in Calgary, AB.
Could you please tell me how to find the correct MP?
Please refer below link and put your Posat code to fine your MP.
Do I have to meet the MP in person? If so, how can I make an appointment, by phone or email?
I did by phone (phone # you will find in search result) please note MP don't meet any applicant directly , there office person will talk to you not MP.
In my first email, What should I mention? Do I have to offer all the information of my application and send my recent GCMS notes to them? Or, just to request an appointment for meeting?
Carry printout of your GCMS. (I carried my Laptop and showed soft copy to MP case worker). also Carry few supporting document which you find form GCMS ex. in my case my MR was already submitted then also CIC requested for it so I carried Upfron MR receipt copy .

Thanks a lot!
Please find your answer in blue above.
also Don't expect much . MP can't accelerate process. but yes you can able to know why all pass then also no response (not 100% sure)
Hope this will be helpful
Good Luck

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Note: The CEC application, like most other CIC immigration applications are a "USER PAY" service.

Therefore, reasonable expectations are to be delivered.

CEC_1304 said:
Please find your answer in blue above.
also Don't expect much . MP can't accelerate process. but yes you can able to know why all pass then also no response (not 100% sure)
Hope this will be helpful
Good Luck

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Amisnic said:
Note: The CEC application, like most other CIC immigration applications are a "USER PAY" service.

Therefore, reasonable expectations are to be delivered.
Please note I shared what I felt when I met my MP (representative )

But you don't forget to mention this to your MP when you meet him/her i.e. "CIC is user pay service blah blah... "
Good Luck

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much, friends!

By the way, what does "USER PAY" mean?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
lhyyym said:
Thank you so much, friends!

By the way, what does "USER PAY" mean?
Don't waste your time on this thing my friend just ignore this part , it was not for you.
don't divert from your original Q .
I believe I answered that :)
good luck

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_1304 said:
Don't waste your time on this thing my friend just ignore this part , it was not for you.
don't divert from your original Q .
I believe I answered that :)
good luck
Thank you, friend! :)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I second what CEC said; I applied for spouse open work permit on Aug last year and when I contacted my MP regarding on Nov 27. MP's assistant made an inquiry to CIC and asked them to expedite. My spouse received her MR on Dec 1st

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I am so sorry .Just noticed forget to paste link for MP search
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Sorry about that ;D

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
I second what CEC said; I applied for spouse open work permit on Aug last year and when I contacted my MP regarding on Nov 27. MP's assistant made an inquiry to CIC and asked them to expedite. My spouse received her MR on Dec 1st
Great! MP is really helpful.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_1304 said:
I am so sorry .Just noticed forget to paste link for MP search
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Sorry about that ;D
Thank you, friend! You are so nice!

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talked to my local MP on this Monday. Do you know how long I will get a feedback?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Mine got back to me in 2 business days - talked to them on a Thursday and they had a response for me on the following Monday. The Call Centre Agent advised that the MPs office were in touch with CIC as it showed on my file.

lhyyym said:
Talked to my local MP on this Monday. Do you know how long I will get a feedback?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
lhyyym said:
For me it took 2 Working days to get back to me

Here is how process work
One you contacted MP office . MP office will send your Query to CIC (Some specific ID) and CIC will call to MP office and update about your application /File.

Then MP office will call you and update

Good Luck