+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for CAQ?

thepanister

Aug 13, 2011
Hi guys..

I filled out the online application for CAQ and made the payment of $101 CAD :eek: and now I need to know..
Do I have to send any documents to them?

Also do I have to send original acceptance letter, or it can be just the email acceptance letter that I received from the university?

Waiting for your answer and thanks sooooooooo much

Canada Help

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hello,

You have to take the printout of the summary of your application which can be obtained from ur CAQ account.In addition to this please also do send a photo(visa format) with name and DOB on the back.Original offer letter and a copy of the personal information pages of the passport.In some cases they may ask you for some financial information form in their specified format.See if this applies to you.

courier them these documents and wait for 2 weeks for you CAQ.At first you will be notified online that your CAQ has been approved.Take the printout of this document and attach it in your visa file.the hard copy takes 1-1.5 months to be delivered.

This is all you have to do

hope this helps and best of luck for your CAQ and visa

thepanister

Aug 13, 2011
Thank you so much for this helpful post. They did not ask me for financial info, because I will apply for study permit here in Egypt.

Do I have to apply for visa with the original CAQ, or I can do it with the printed copy that you mentioned?

Also do I have to send them the original acceptance letter? Or can I just sent them the email acceptance letter after printing it out?

Thanks again.

Canada Help

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hello,

For the CAQ you will have to send one of the three letters that you must have received.I do not know about the printout option that you have mentioned about.

As far as the visa procedure is concerned once u r notified by email that ur CAQ has been sanctioned there will be a soft copy in ur CAQ account.u can print that form and apply for the visa.

This is what I have done.I live in India.

I do not expect the conditions to be very different in your part of the world.

I guess i have answered all your questions,If there is something else that you need help in please let me know.

by the way i am going to concordia university for the winter 2012 intake.

TC.best of luck for the visa nad the CAQ.

thepanister

Aug 13, 2011
Hi and thanks for your great help.
How long it took you to obtain the caq online?

In fact when I wrote this post, I was not received the official acceptance letter yet, but thanks to Allah.. I went to the post office, and surprise.. I found the letter from Laval waiting for me :D

It contained 2 original copies only.. one written on it for Quebec immigration, and one for the CIC visa office.

I hope that I can apply for the study permit using a printed copy of the CAQ, so I would have enough time to get the visa..

hope to meet in Montreal ;D

ningthemcha

Dec 11, 2011
i also applied for the CAQ online.
my current state is in decision state (enclosed with decision letter)now and they update me like they will mail decision letter plus CAQ by mail(more than 15 days pending ).
i would like to know know long it will take to complete the process in ur side .

Regards
Jananjoy

necn00

Apr 4, 2012
i'd applied for admission in Concordia and have received my admission letter. Actually, before i was in community college Ottawa and then i withdrawn the program, So i have the valid study permit of one year left. SO should i'v to apply only caq or also wud renew my study permit ??
plzz reply me

ikramshariff

Feb 2, 2018
Hello,

I have received an admission offer from Concordia University. I have currently applied for education loan.

Can I show My Loan Sanction Letter from the bank as my supporting financial Document while applying for CAQ and should I mandatorily show a bank balance?

Regards
Hina