+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for bridging open work permit for a spouse? Both in Canada on open work permits.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey all,

My partner and I applied for PR under CEC last week. We both have open work permits (IEC). They will expire in less than 4 months, so we want to apply for bridging work permits. I know how to apply for mine, as I'm the principal applicant (will attach e-AOR). However, how to apply for bridging work permit for my spouse? Attach same e-AOR? (But spouse's name is not listed on it, as I'm the primary applicant)

Also, can I apply for bridging work permit now? (I have e-AOR) or do I have to wait for R10 competness check? As I read somewhere that they will refused BWP if they check and see that application is incomplete. (My application is complete, but you never know..)

Can somebody please help? Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey all,

My partner and I applied for PR under CEC last week. We both have open work permits (IEC). They will expire in less than 4 months, so we want to apply for bridging work permits. I know how to apply for mine, as I'm the principal applicant (will attach e-AOR). However, how to apply for bridging work permit for my spouse? Attach same e-AOR? (But spouse's name is not listed on it, as I'm the primary applicant)

Also, can I apply for bridging work permit now? (I have e-AOR) or do I have to wait for R10 competness check? As I read somewhere that they will refused BWP if they check and see that application is incomplete. (My application is complete, but you never know..)

Yes, you can submit your BOWP application now, with your AOR. However, you cannot be approved until your application passes the R10 completeness check.

Only the PA can apply for a BOWP, however, your spouse may be eligible for a spouse open work permit based on your BOWP and AOR. You can submit the applications at the same time. Obviously, your spouse's permit could not be approved until yours is...

See the bottom, "Spouse or common-law partner and dependents" -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

If you do the online application, it will walk you through the process of submitting both applications together.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Yes, you can submit your BOWP application now, with your AOR. However, you cannot be approved until your application passes the R10 completeness check.

Only the PA can apply for a BOWP, however, your spouse may be eligible for a spouse open work permit based on your BOWP and AOR. You can submit the applications at the same time. Obviously, your spouse's permit could not be approved until yours is...

See the bottom, "Spouse or common-law partner and dependents" -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

If you do the online application, it will walk you through the process of submitting both applications together.
Thank you so much! Just wondering what's going to happen in case they haven't checked (R10) my application yet? Will it get automatically rejected?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you so much! Just wondering what's going to happen in case they haven't checked (R10) my application yet? Will it get automatically rejected?
???? By your question, I'm guessing you did not read the information at the link I sent : )

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
???? By your question, I'm guessing you did not read the information at the link I sent : )
Thank you! Sorry, at first, I didn't get that the officer reviews my file while making a decision on BWP. Thanks again! Always appreciate your help!

Reactions: jes_ON

sherwinuy

Jun 24, 2019
Hi, I have a son which is only 1year and 4months old. I am 4months away prior to the expiration of my work permit. I already have my aor and already passed the medical exams. now that I read about how to apply for my spouse's work permit now wondering how to apply permit for my 1year old son (visitors permit) do I have to send it all together?

Hey all,

Hi ,I am in the same boat .Did you apply for BOWP ,can you update me please?