+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to appeal information on immigration file that is false?

srsrsr

Feb 14, 2008
My thai boyfriend applied for a tourist visa with me, a canadian as a fiance sponsor. When in the interview, held by a English only speaking agent, he was asked if we would marry? My thai boyfriend said no, not now...maybe one day...he was then rejected a vistor visa. After the interview I asked my boyfriend what happened he wasnt clear as English is not his first language. I requested to meet the agent to inquire why the refusal. When we re-entered the interview room, we were not told everything said would be kept on documentation, as this was an inquiry into the refusal of the visa. The agent then proceeded to ask me what my boyfriend and I intended for our future. I said we wanted to go to Canada for one month so he could see the culture and meet my friends. Then the agent asked if we were going to marry...I said with hesitation we didnt know, our relationship was still young and going to canada would also help us know, but right now the answer would be no.

6 months later we apply for a tourist visa, with a binder of papers, money, everything and request a Thai speaking agent for the interiew. At the end of the interview the agent tells my boyfriend everything is perfect, except in his file on the computer it says he wants to marry a canadian, the agent said because of this he will never ever be given a visa to canada, unless we do marry and I apply for a resident visa. Which is ridiculous as we still just know each other and he has no clue about Canada or the culture.

When I inquired about appealing the falsely transcribed information i was told this would be on his file for life. How can this be on his file for life? what if he meets a different person from Canada. What if he wants to study? or apply for a different visa? the agent at the embassy is performing his job outside its boundaries and entrapping people and editing conversations to make up information. If we wanted to truely marry I wouldnt have an issue with this..we would marry by now and get the resident visa application.

How do we appeal this situation? The office is the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

srsrsr said:
My thai boyfriend applied for a tourist visa with me, a canadian as a fiance sponsor. When in the interview, held by a English only speaking agent, he was asked if we would marry? My thai boyfriend said no, not now...maybe one day...he was then rejected a vistor visa. After the interview I asked my boyfriend what happened he wasnt clear as English is not his first language. I requested to meet the agent to inquire why the refusal. When we re-entered the interview room, we were not told everything said would be kept on documentation, as this was an inquiry into the refusal of the visa. The agent then proceeded to ask me what my boyfriend and I intended for our future. I said we wanted to go to Canada for one month so he could see the culture and meet my friends. Then the agent asked if we were going to marry...I said with hesitation we didnt know, our relationship was still young and going to canada would also help us know, but right now the answer would be no.

6 months later we apply for a tourist visa, with a binder of papers, money, everything and request a Thai speaking agent for the interiew. At the end of the interview the agent tells my boyfriend everything is perfect, except in his file on the computer it says he wants to marry a canadian, the agent said because of this he will never ever be given a visa to canada, unless we do marry and I apply for a resident visa. Which is ridiculous as we still just know each other and he has no clue about Canada or the culture.

When I inquired about appealing the falsely transcribed information i was told this would be on his file for life. How can this be on his file for life? what if he meets a different person from Canada. What if he wants to study? or apply for a different visa? the agent at the embassy is performing his job outside its boundaries and entrapping people and editing conversations to make up information. If we wanted to truely marry I wouldnt have an issue with this..we would marry by now and get the resident visa application.

How do we appeal this situation? The office is the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok.
No appeal, you can apply for leave to appeal to the Federal Court of Canada, if you feel that there is an error in law, but have lots of money.

PMM

bayliner

Mar 5, 2008
Your story is exactly my story. After 3 requests for a Temporary Resident Visa denied by the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok, there was no possibility for my futur wife to visit me, even for 2 weeks. Nothing bad was on the record; except our intention to engage in a long term relation. We finally got married. An application for a Permanent Resident Visa is pending. Thank you Immigration Canada in Bangkok.