+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add new born baby in PR application after receiving COPR?

Mr Sudhir

Nov 4, 2015
I am currently in India. I have received COPR and IM-1 visa is valid till Sept 2016 for me and my wife. Now my wife is pregnant and delivery is due Mid Jan 2016.
I am exploring the option to land before and after baby born. Whatever be the feasible I will follow.
Please advice on below query:
Case 1: Landing after baby born (Feb/March 2016)
1) What will be the process to add new born baby in my current PR application (how much time it takes)?
2) Is it possible to add baby in current PR application outside Canada and without landing?

Case 2: Landing before baby born (Nov/Dec 2015)
1) If me and my wife do landing in Dec and come back to home country (India) for baby delivery. Is it possible to add new born baby in my current application or new application request will be required ?
2) Can I add baby outside Canada ?
3) Is it possible to travel with baby (on tourist/dependent visa) and then sponsor him/her from Canada (how much time it takes)?

Please advice on above queries. This is urgent for me.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Mr Sudhir said:
I am currently in India. I have received COPR and IM-1 visa is valid till Sept 2016 for me and my wife. Now my wife is pregnant and delivery is due Mid Jan 2016.
I am exploring the option to land before and after baby born. Whatever be the feasible I will follow.
Please advice on below query:
Case 1: Landing after baby born (Feb/March 2016)
1) What will be the process to add new born baby in my current PR application (how much time it takes)?with the current phase , cannot say how long it says , around 6-8 months !!1
2) Is it possible to add baby in current PR application outside Canada and without landing?Yes it is possible. remember u r not a PR until u land. since the due date is mid jan it is not advisable to travel in this time. I suggest add the new born baby after the delivery.

Case 2: Landing before baby born (Nov/Dec 2015)
1) If me and my wife do landing in Dec and come back to home country (India) for baby delivery. Is it possible to add new born baby in my current application or new application request will be required ? since the due date is mid jan it is not advisable to travel in this time. I suggest add the new born baby after the delivery. u can always add the new born dependent in the same application until u r not landed
2) Can I add baby outside Canada ?Yes
3) Is it possible to travel with baby (on tourist/dependent visa) and then sponsor him/her from Canada (how much time it takes)?It depends on the VO. there are cases that visit visa is rejected for New born babies also.

My suggestion would be after Jan add the baby in the current PR application and complete the formalities and land altogether before the Visa expires

Please advice on above queries. This is urgent for me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Do you realize that if you land as permanent residents and the baby is born in Canada, s/he automatically becomes a Canadian citizen?

I do realize that starting a new life in a new country would be difficult for your wife while also being very pregnant. So if for whatever reason, you and your wife want the child born in India, the simplest thing to do is to wait until the child is born and add him/her to the application. Since it would be processed in New Delhi, I think it would be very quick.

kn2172

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hi Sudhir,

I am from pune & I am in the same situation as your.

I have received my COPR , but expecting a baby next week.

I have checked with new Delhi embassy. They have asked me to submit documents once baby is born.

From ur posts I came to know you were in same situation.

I would like to ask how much TIME did it take for you to complete the entire process of addition of baby.

Did u send ur COPR and passports again ?

Please share ur email ID or Whatsapp no. If possible.

Please help.

Regards

jen07

May 15, 2019
Hi guys, what are the process did you do? pls share., we ate in the same situation and did not know what to do