+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how slow is Business Class (Self-employed) compared to Skilled Worker Class?

quinnh

Mar 4, 2010
Hi all,

First time using this forum. I hope someone can give me some insights. Well, I think my occupation fits both Federal Skilled Worker Class and Business Class (Self-employed Persons). I am wondering which one would be faster to complete the process. I live in Japan and Visa office I would apply for Business Class is in Tokyo, which has no stats on CIC website. Is there anybody has applied for Business Class (Self-employed Persons) in Tokyo? Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hi quinnh,

It's difficult to answer your questions because the Tokyo office is very new in processing immigration applications. What I can say from my experience with Visitor visa and Skilled Worker visa is that they really try to process things fast, and usually reply to individual emails or faxes from applicants. The people at the counter are very kind too, like in most Japanese services.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone in the Business Class... Have you tried asking the same in the Japanese forums?

Also, what would be your Skilled worker NOC? Maybe if you qualify under FSW and can get all the required documents, it's better to apply in this category rather than the Business one which has less applicants. I mean, the visa office might be better accustomed to FSW than Business category... Well, that's my assumption though.

Sorry I can't help you much (gomennasai!) but perhaps if you write more about yourself, other people here can give you more ideas.