+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many applications are rejected ?

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
Hi all great forum btw ...
My sponsor has been approved and I have received a file number ... now I wait for a reply .... according to the website my application is being processed . Just wondering how many applications get rejected and for what reason ... ? I am hoping for a positive answer but it is a possibility.

Aroundtown22

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Med's Request
25-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2010
It would be really hard to say how many applications get rejected because there is no data provided by CIC. So you're guess is as good as mine.

However, from reading the forums it seems like typically applications are rejected based on the fact the CIC doesn't believe the relationship is genuine. In other words, they think the marriage was done for the sole purpose of getting someone into Canada.

rblack

Jul 24, 2009
Do all applications get an interview? Or only if they think something fishy is going on?
also, If an application doesn't require an interview would it get processed way faster than one that does require an interview?

I think the OP has a really good question here for all the people that have recently applied or thinking of applying. Hopefully there are a few figures floating around so we can get a better idea of how many and why applications get denied

Aroundtown22

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Med's Request
25-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2010
Again, just from the info I have gathered through reading the forums... not all applications get an interview. I remember reading a post where someone made it sound like an interview is sort of a last chance to prove that the relationship is real.

As for the second question, assuming all the required documentation was present then an interview-free application should get processed faster. However, the term 'fast' is all relative to which office you're going through.

raycrawford

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Hi, it certainly depends a great deal on which country the sponsored person is coming from.

In a recent article in the Toronto Star many refusal figures were quoted:
The refusal rate for spousal visas in Hong Kong last year was 48%
Through the Accra office 46%
Bejing office 20%
Islamabad 15%
New Delhi 14%
Manila 9%

You can read this article and see more refusal rates at this site:
http://www.thestar.com/article/658649

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Raymond.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
I think you should not go based on statistic as they are not reliable or true. I am just saying...
usually it is case to case basis on how genuine your relationship is + sponsor/application criminal record..cus some criminal record are so severe that they do not want him/her to enter Canada. If your relationship are genuine you have nothing to worry about and come clean. Best is not to lie.

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
ya relationship is genuine and have provided more than enough evidence to prove it . was kinda worried about criminal record of mine. 10 years ago was convicted of drunk and disorderly and willfull damage ie: smashing a letterbox . Which really shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'm just getting anxious at this stage waiting on a reply . Nothing in the mail today .... maybe tomorrow. I'm hoping it should be anyday now.

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
oh and I checked out that article and it seems like just a bunch of numbers and some poor guys hard luck story ..... which this forum seems to have a few of ... haha . Woe is me . It is actually quite a stressfull process.

raycrawford

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Yes you are right the article is about some poor guys hard luck story. However it is not just a bunch of numbers.

The Toronto Star is a very reputable news paper in Toronto and they do not just put numbers in their articles. These are actual statistical facts provided by Citizen and Immigration Canada.

The gentleman wanted to know how many PR spoual visas are refused, this article gives a very accurate idea regarding that for some countries.

Regards,

Raymond.