+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long take Background Check - for PR and OWP

mike_ast

Dec 22, 2023
Inland, married, we have 9 month Canadian child, my status is TRW (close work permit), my wife is Canadian, I quit my sponsored job to help my wife with the baby, I apply for PR and also for open work permit to get better job and support my family with better income.

MY APPLICATION TIMELINE FOR PR:
Oct. 1 - Application submitted
Nov. 10 - ADR / (required IMM5406)
Nov. 27 - Letter Pre-arrival Services
Nov. 27 - Biometric Instructions Letter
Dec. 4 - Eligibility for Sponsor and for Applicant

Dec. 21 - Application Status Tracker:
Biometric - Complete
Eligibility - Complete
Background verification - In progress
Medical exam - Not started
Dec. 21 - I called IRCC, they told me that currently are working on Background check. They also say that the half of background check is complete, that half is about criminality check.

OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION:
Dec. 12 - App submitted
Dec. 13 - Letter from IRCC - they extend my close work permit from Feb. 23 to June 23, util a decision is made.
Dec. 21 - I check over the phone with IRCC, application status is Background check.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, WITH MY QUESTIONS:
1) considering the timeline I provided above, how you think is moving my application processing in terms of speed?
2) how long the background check usually may take?
3) our baby developed separation anxiety from his mom, because she have to go to work, can I ask to IRCC a priority processing, in order to get the right to work and let my wife stay home with the baby?

If you have any suggestion to how to fast the process, please let me know, we are really desperate with our baby, not eating, not sleeping, just cry after the mom leave.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inland, married, we have 9 month Canadian child, my status is TRW (close work permit), my wife is Canadian, I quit my sponsored job to help my wife with the baby, I apply for PR and also for open work permit to get better job and support my family with better income.

MY APPLICATION TIMELINE FOR PR:
Oct. 1 - Application submitted
Nov. 10 - ADR / (required IMM5406)
Nov. 27 - Letter Pre-arrival Services
Nov. 27 - Biometric Instructions Letter
Dec. 4 - Eligibility for Sponsor and for Applicant

Dec. 21 - Application Status Tracker:
Biometric - Complete
Eligibility - Complete
Background verification - In progress
Medical exam - Not started
Dec. 21 - I called IRCC, they told me that currently are working on Background check. They also say that the half of background check is complete, that half is about criminality check.

OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION:
Dec. 12 - App submitted
Dec. 13 - Letter from IRCC - they extend my close work permit from Feb. 23 to June 23, util a decision is made.
Dec. 21 - I check over the phone with IRCC, application status is Background check.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, WITH MY QUESTIONS:
1) considering the timeline I provided above, how you think is moving my application processing in terms of speed?
2) how long the background check usually may take?
3) our baby developed separation anxiety from his mom, because she have to go to work, can I ask to IRCC a priority processing, in order to get the right to work and let my wife stay home with the baby?

If you have any suggestion to how to fast the process, please let me know, we are really desperate with our baby, not eating, not sleeping, just cry after the mom leave.
1) It looks like your application is processing normally.
2) Background check time is a bit hard to guess since it depends on your profile. But all you need is the OWP which isn't dependent on the background checks. I assume you applied inland.
3) There is no priority processing. When did you submit the OWP application? After AOR? How recently did you quit your sponsored job? Can you return to that?

Reactions: YVR123

mike_ast

Dec 22, 2023
1) It looks like your application is processing normally.
2) Background check time is a bit hard to guess since it depends on your profile. But all you need is the OWP which isn't dependent on the background checks. I assume you applied inland.
3) There is no priority processing. When did you submit the OWP application? After AOR? How recently did you quit your sponsored job? Can you return to that?
Thanks for your quick reply!
2) I applied online for OWP after AOR, inland, processing time says 117 days after applications submitted, and I noticed that paper will take 17 days, but now I cannot change anymore.
3) I left my sponsor job in August 2022, once we find out about my wife pregnancy, we moved and I did some handyman work for the new house. The WP sponsor company, currently do not need people the team is complete, them industry it's slowing down a lot, and my major income depend of sales, because I'm a sales person, paid by base plus commission.

What are the major factors for Open Work Permit to determine the timeline if is not the background check?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your quick reply!
2) I applied online for OWP after AOR, inland, processing time says 117 days after applications submitted, and I noticed that paper will take 17 days, but now I cannot change anymore.
3) I left my sponsor job in August 2022, once we find out about my wife pregnancy, we moved and I did some handyman work for the new house. The WP sponsor company, currently do not need people the team is complete, them industry it's slowing down a lot, and my major income depend of sales, because I'm a sales person, paid by base plus commission.

What are the major factors for Open Work Permit to determine the timeline if is not the background check?
The OWP is not dependent on background checks. Since you have AOR, there should be no issue getting the work permit approved. However there's no way to expedite this.

Reactions: mike_ast

mike_ast

Dec 22, 2023
The OWP is not dependent on background checks. Since you have AOR, there should be no issue getting the work permit approved. However there's no way to expedite this.
What are the others and the longest steps for Spouse Sponsorship PR application on the stage of Background Check - in progress? Considering that the Police Clearance verification was already complete.