+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
Hi Hemu congrats for becoming PR.

I got pp request on March 5th and CPP recieved my Passport on March 11.I havent got my passport back yet.I was laid off by my employer on March 26th.I dont know what will visa officer do to my case at landing .I am very worried about this . :(

hemu_vnit

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 June 2012
AOR Received.
26 July 2012
Med's Request
31 July 2012
Med's Done....
20 August 2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013, passport reached CPP-O - 04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013, PP received back on 18-04-2013
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
viber30 said:
Hi Hemu congrats for becoming PR.

I got pp request on March 5th and CPP recieved my Passport on March 11.I havent got my passport back yet.I was laid off by my employer on March 26th.I dont know what will visa officer do to my case at landing .I am very worried about this . :(
Hi viber,

Do you have PGWP work permit ? I have PGWP but do not have job right now. When officer asked me about my profession, I said I finished my studies and looking for job. Actually speaking, when you leave Canada, you are entering fresh on immigrant visa, it does not matter whether you applied inland, whether you have a job or what you are doing now in Canada. I think so from my logic and based on my understanding. If you keep your proof of funds ready, then rest should not be a problem. Do you have that proof?

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
Yes i have a workpermit valid til 2014 tied to the employer who laid me off .I have applied for EI .I worked there for 2.5 years before getting laid off on March 26. I have 3-4 K in my account .

hemu_vnit

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 June 2012
AOR Received.
26 July 2012
Med's Request
31 July 2012
Med's Done....
20 August 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
viber30 said:
Yes i have a workpermit valid til 2014 tied to the employer who laid me off .I have applied for EI .I worked there for 2.5 years before getting laid off on March 26. I have 3-4 K in my account .
sorry, what is EI?

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
While I am waiting for my tracker to get activated, I have a few questions regarding landing procedures.

- I am an Alberta PNP. Is it okay to do landing outside of Alberta? I am thinking of doing landing procedures in Vancouver. Will it be okay?
- Will it be okay if I take a flight and do landing procedures at the airport? Most of the people I saw did their landing by going by road.
- I will be coming back to the US after landing and move to cananda permanently later on. Do I still need to take goods to follow list? If I don't take goods to follow list, will I be charged import duty when I make a permanent move later on?

Any inputs from forum members are appreciated.

hemu_vnit

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 June 2012
AOR Received.
26 July 2012
Med's Request
31 July 2012
Med's Done....
20 August 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
rdecartus said:
While I am waiting for my tracker to get activated, I have a few questions regarding landing procedures.

- I am an Alberta PNP. Is it okay to do landing outside of Alberta? I am thinking of doing landing procedures in Vancouver. Will it be okay?
- Will it be okay if I take a flight and do landing procedures at the airport? Most of the people I saw did their landing by going by road.
- I will be coming back to the US after landing and move to cananda permanently later on. Do I still need to take goods to follow list? If I don't take goods to follow list, will I be charged import duty when I make a permanent move later on?

You can land at Vancouver I think since some of the people do it but sometimes they have to show onward ticket for their destination. So I am not fully sure whether it is ok do that. You should search more about it.

Yes you can do landing procedure at the airport , similar to what people do by land.

Yes, you take the goods to follow list now and tell them that you will be moving permanently later on. They will probably stamp it or may say that you show it to them later on.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
rdecartus said:

Hi rdecartus,

First of all Congratulations to you on receiving your Canadian PR. What I have heard from other forum mates is, the best way is to do landing formalities in Alberta only. But recently one guy from this forum had finished his landing at some other place-other than Alberta (I don't remember the name what he said)...and his forum name is "spausa1980"...you may contact this person by sending a personal message.

Landing at the airport also should be fine...nothing to worry.

Since you are just going for finishing your landing formalities, I think...you don't need to take "goods to follow list"....but please wait if somebody will give you perfect answer for this question.

Are you on an H1B visa in USA? I am on this visa in USA...and waiting for my PPR...don't know when my turn comes.

Wish you all the very best for your life and career in Canada.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
hemu_vnit said:
You can land at Vancouver I think since some of the people do it but sometimes they have to show onward ticket for their destination. So I am not fully sure whether it is ok do that. You should search more about it.

Yes you can do landing procedure at the airport , similar to what people do by land.

Yes, you take the goods to follow list now and tell them that you will be moving permanently later on. They will probably stamp it or may say that you show it to them later on.
Hi,
Congrats, Even I m planning to land in the same lacolle border. I have sent you PM, please reply.
regards,
...luckyroyal.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Can anyone answer this question? Could you please share you medical request and extension (if any) date and the landing deadline on your Visa? Is it 1 year from the medical request/Extension?
Thank you,
Speednab

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much would be the proof of fund for CSQ applicant landing in Quebec.thanks

mike.1980

Sep 19, 2012
Those people, who are already in Canada and land in Toronto or near cities, could you please let me know where you landed or going to land? Can we go to Pearson Airport for landing too?

Many thanks in advance.

Asor

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys, Cpp-Ottawa received my passport today. Do you have any idea how long it takes to stamp visa?
Thanks